Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Can a blog and forum be run side by side?

Shad0wz

Credits
Assuming I decide to do both a blog and a forum, can this be run side by side on the same address? Sorry for asking a question like this but I am completely new to this haha I have only ever been on blogs or forums as a member not an owner or admin/mod.

Advertisement Placeholder
To add on to it, I would try and theme both the forum and blog pretty close design wise to each other for a seamless transition for the users.

To add on to it, I would try and theme both the forum and blog pretty close design wise to each other for a seamless transition for the users.

Im not too knowledgable in the subject, but I believe you can incorporate bbPress(wordpress' forum sw) into a Wordpress blog. Im not sure they can share the same CSS, but I imagine styling them to make them match would be easier.

I haven't done it personally, but I have seen it on some other sites. It seems to work and I do believe they can benefit each other. It is just another draw for your audience and additional traffic.

Hey!

You can also set up some sub-domains. More specifically, you can have several sub-domains under your domain name. Check the following image to better understand what I want to say.

5kqPX8a.jpg

Some hosting companies do not allow to have sub-domains in low-cost hosting plans. You can always ask the company which hosts your website.

In most situations apart from the bbPress thing, you cannot have a forum and blog if you only have 1 database. Note, some hosting packages have only one.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds