Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Calendars on Forums

Advertisement Placeholder
I don't really look out for calendars in a forum but it is really helpful and useful if a forum has one.

I have joined a general topics forum in the past that has a calendar.

It really depends on the kind of forum you have and if you can make use of the calendar on your forum. I know when I had my general discussion forum, I would use the calendar to add members birthdays to it so that members knew when it was a members birthday and we could wish them a happy birthday on that day. Some even chose to add things such as the birth of their children, the birthday of their animals and even anniversaries which was nice as we could then see when they were celebrating something and leave them a nice message on the forum.

For my niche... a calendar could be beneficial.. but what I would MUCH rather see is a group function with a calendar that can be shared amongst the group and then the public as separate items. That way, group calendar items specific to that group are visible only to them... then those functions that they allow public attendance to would show up in a general calendar. I keep hoping that Truonglv (the social group developer I had to go with) will implement it, but either he has no interest or it's beyond his current coding skill.

I kinda missed the standard Calendar from the vBulletin days..

I initially combined and customised the Birthday Calendar and standard Calendar add-ons by AndyB, and then migrated over to the Calendar add-on by NixFifty. However, I later decided to get rid of some bloat, and this was one of the add-ons that was culled. It wasn't really being utilised to its potential.

Perhaps once the upgrade to the broadband infrastructure in my area is complete, and I upgrade my plan - I might re-visit the feature and schedule some live streams.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds