Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Buying Xenforo License(s)

Geong

Credits
I am looking to buy up to 3 Xenforo Licenses.

Price is negotiable. Payment will only be made via Wire/ACH/Wise. Payment will preferably be in USD.

I will not pay first unless you are a trusted user.

If you are a trusted user, payment will not be made in one go, they will be made in increments.

For all 3 licenses, a discount will be applied.

Advertisement Placeholder
but I'm surprised that the XF licenses are not as numerous as they once were.
Why should they be? Isn't it a positive sign that there are fewer on the market? Maybe XF Cloud has something to do with it...

Hello Tracy, I’m Nicolas FR 👋🏼

Well if anyone is actually selling Xenforo licenses for the payment options I've listed in my thread, feel free to get in touch.

Why should they be? Isn't it a positive sign that there are fewer on the market? Maybe XF Cloud has something to do with it...
No, it is not a positive sign that there are fewer on the market. That can indicate that the purchasing of the self-hosted has reduced drastically (not a great sign for those that do self host - just look at Invision as an example of why), as there has historically been a significant turnover rate of folks buying and setting a site up and then letting it go the way of the dodo near the end of their year.
Similar it was not a "positive sign" that XF had that sale recently before their price increase (the last time they had a "sale" was after the vB lawsuit was settled). How long ago was that recent sale? And what have you gotten, besides a bunch of BETA releases, for that money so far? Some would call that a money grab. Scare everybody that the prices are going up and the new version is "just around the corner" so grab a license extension now. Six months later that release is still "just around the corner".

Or it could be that fewer people are starting up forums, and of those that are, they are playing it smart and using free scripts instead of a (for some people) costly paid solution.

Several people I know have gone to cloud, and had a self-hosted license prior to that. They are keeping their self-hosted license for reasons that they only know of. It could be that they are hesitant about the SaaS offering from XenForo and prefer to have something already in hand to fall back on (two of the license holders I chat with regularly) or they simply don't want to go through the hassle of renewing it to just sell it and have decided to sit on it (like I did for years with my Invision license).

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 77.4%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds