Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Buying licenses, new or used ?

Credits
I'm curious to know what your thoughts are when it comes to buying software licenses for your website. Specifically, do you prefer to buy new licenses or are you open to buying used ones?

On one hand, buying new licenses can give you peace of mind knowing that you're getting a legitimate product that comes with support and updates. Plus, you'll be the first person to use the license, which can be appealing to some.

On the other hand, buying used licenses can be a more cost-effective option, especially for those who are running a smaller website or are just starting out. Plus, if you buy from a reputable seller, you can still get a high-quality product that will work just as well as a new license.

So, which do you prefer? Do you always buy new licenses, or are you open to buying used ones if the price is right? And if you've bought used licenses before, what has your experience been like? Have you ever had any issues with the license not working properly or not being legitimate?

Let's discuss and share our experiences so that we can all make informed decisions when it comes to buying software licenses for our websites!

Advertisement Placeholder
I pretty much always buy new, but I can see the cost savings of dealing with buying used. The biggest issue I have with buying used is simply due to most software not really supporting it well (or at all) and having to use other people's accounts and all sorts of nonsense. The "transfer license" concept should be a standard.

In my case the question almost always comes down to how the resale is facilitated (if it is facilitated) - is there an environment whereby I can validate that the seller has the goods to sell, what remedies are on offer if I am scammed, and so on.

I have bought second hand but honestly... the cost of my time doing that kind of due diligence isn't really worth it to me when I can just buy new.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 22 81.5%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds