Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Businesses that particularly thrive in your local area?

linux.poet1

Training Manager
Community
Credits
What works nearby? One thing I have noticed about my area that is really strange is there are over 7 separate businesses that cater to sewists in my local area. I've seen two quilt shops, 3 different sewing and vacuums, a more general sewing shop that seems to specialize in classes, and a fabric store. Perhaps fabric is inexpensive here since I am close to the ocean and many maritime trade routes, and the businesses are capitalizing on that to sell proverbial shovels (sewing supplies and classes) to eager seamstresses.

What about your local area? What seems to thrive in your neck of the woods?

Advertisement Placeholder
Businesses that can be able to thrive in local areas is most likely going to be dependent on the location that we are talking about because something that might be a very good business in your location is less likely to be a very good business to another location. So you have to find out what works well within your location and take advantage of the opportunity.

Mostly eateries and stores here. I live in a small town and we don't get a whole lot of big business here. We have to drive out 30+ Minutes to get to the nearest big chain stores.

In my town, cheap clothing is one of the highest-selling clothes. People are selling cheap clothing items online and the business is booming. They are selling through ecommerce marketplaces as well as through social media platforms like facebook, Instagram and TikTok.

Hardware stores, small pet clinics, general repairs, and general labor services all seem to do great. Restaurants have been run out of the area by fast food spots and even a few of those closed since 2020. They either get terrible reviews and lose business or they can't keep the places staffed. The first to go was Burger King. Can't say I miss it. Have not eaten their food since 2012.

Restaurant business thrives very well in my location. The reality is most people don't cook at home which makes restaurants a hot spot for then. It's the reason we're seeing new restaurants built and resume business as quickly as possible.

Agricultural business actually thrive here although not so many people are into it large scale. Another are the tech individuals, they are making a whole lot if money from their jobs; so they claim.

In my town, cheap clothing is one of the highest-selling clothes. People are selling cheap clothing items online and the business is booming. They are selling through ecommerce marketplaces as well as through social media platforms like facebook, Instagram and TikTok.

Those selling cheap clothes also known as 'okirika' here is making big money. They don't even have to do much before they can be able to make more sales. However, that is not the type of business that I will be looking at starting because of the stress that is involved.

Those selling cheap clothes also known as 'okirika' here is making big money. They don't even have to do much before they can be able to make more sales. However, that is not the type of business that I will be looking at starting because of the stress that is involved.

They are generally called clothes thrift business down here in my country. It's a very good business for those who are into it. Brand new clothes are quite expensive and that's what makes the thrift clothes sell well because they are cheaper and of high quality.

Tell me what business does not give you any stress at all.
If the business is profitable, I think we need to take the stress of running it. But I don't mean to say you should continue to do it if you are not interested.

Tell me what business does not give you any stress at all.
If the business is profitable, I think we need to take the stress of running it. But I don't mean to say you should continue to do it if you are not interested.

There's none my friend. All businesses comes with their own different stress in how to run the business. A lot of people would have businesses of their own today if it doesn't take any stress to run and manage the businesses.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds