Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Bulk Domains

Martee

Mythical member
Credits
When you are setting up a new project, do you look to buy all the big TLD's for the domain itself?

For example, you wanted to start a new project called "Iamawesome" and you spotted that the domains available were a .com / .net / .org and so on. Would you buy all of them or just the one of your choice?

Advertisement Placeholder
Well there is a tactic that you could consider. You could always buy the TLD's and not renew them after one year because hopefully by then your forum will have traffic and content and the like so anyone who wishes to steal your site domains will have a very hard and annoying time trying to copy your site.

I would go for the .com tld first..Will take .net amd .org if its available also.

I wouldn't bother, it adds an extra $20 to your renew costs and at least $15 to your domain costs, you're possibly better off spending the money else where. If you have the cash and are going to be spending a lot creating a new website, that's when to use the strategy....

That's why I said do not renew it Sam, buy it for the first year and establish your site so that if someone were to try and clone your site they would have a hard time doing so!

Possibly still better off spending the money elsewhere. Quite often it happens the other way around. A successful business will secure domains after they have started their website.....

I never have enough money to purchase more than one domain for the same site but it does seem like a good idea in the long run just incase anything like that happens but I'm sure one could sort it out another way?

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds