Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Building Your Business Website

Kane

Captain Junkie
Credits
If you want to start an online business, you've got to build a website first. Building a website starts with buying a domain and hosting. Your domain is your address on the world wide web, so make it short and memorable. Avoid special characters and numbers. ".com" is the way to go but if you don't find dot come you can choose according to your preferance..
Your business website is a shop in the virtual world. You need hosting and also a platform to build a website. You can choose WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, Magento, Shopify, BigCommerce, or Wix. WordPress is easy, Drupal is a bit tricky, and some cost money.

Advertisement Placeholder
Personally, I believe that it is always going to be very good for you to have a business website especially when you want to get customers from Google who are searching through online to find businesses that you are doing.

But it doesn't really mean that you must have a website in order for you to have an online business because you can still make use of social media sites to still carry out whatever kind of business that you want to carry out.

You can do social commerce on social media platforms and run your business. For instance, you can directly sell through Facebook shop and Instagram shop. You can also create your business on ecommerce platforms like Amazon, etsy, ebay etc. However, the problem with social sites and ecommerce sites is you do not have full control overyour business.

I use to settle for .net but I have since moved back to only working with .com domains because to me, they almost always do the best!

I use to settle for .net but I have since moved back to only working with .com domains because to me, they almost always do the best!
I have used different kinds of domains, com, net, online, store, site, xyz, etc. That's because domain extensions have nothing to do with the SEO value of your website, including your business website. However, in my years of running different kinds of websites, I found that people interact more with websites using dot com. Therefore, these days I prefer dot com.

Personally, if it is not for work purposes, I find it very difficult making use of any website that is not using the .com domain. It makes me feel very odd accessing those sites and it looks to me like they are not something safe to be going through. This is the reason why I had to make sure to use a .com domain when I created my business website.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds