Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

General Building a forum for knowledge or wisdom?

For all the diverse topics that don't quite fit elsewhere.

joelr

Addicted member
Administrator
Credits
Knowledge is information about a subject, while wisdom is the ability to use that knowledge to make good decisions in life.

While knowledge-based forums are valuable for sharing information and facts, what if we shifted our aim towards cultivating wisdom?

Building a forum centered on wisdom would emphasize deeper understanding, reflective insights, and practical life lessons rather than just factual information. It's about encouraging members to share experiences that teach, inspire, and provoke thoughtful discussion on how knowledge can be applied in meaningful ways.

Here are a few questions to get us thinking:
  1. How can we structure our forum to promote more experiential sharing and less surface-level information?
  2. What types of topics or sections would foster discussions that delve into the deeper meanings and implications of our experiences?
  3. How can we encourage our members to contribute insights that reflect learned wisdom rather than just quick facts?

Advertisement Placeholder
A general life discussions forum would benefit from adding both wisdom and knowledge. Sharing mindful ways to make your life better in terms of both mental and physical health can fall under both. Older folk can share their life experiences with younger people to help them live happier lives too.

This question starts with a knowledge vs wisdom headline but with the starter questions you're not really asking that nor is that something people should be asking. Knowledge and wisdom will come hand in hand if you're asking the right question - how are you going to attract the people who care enough to give your community depth in the first place?

I wouldn't bet on them appearing out of nowhere; if you're starting a forum hoping relevant experts or enthusiasts will appear out of nowhere and you aren't at least going to be that expert putting investment in outreach as well as pepping up newcomers, you are in for a bad time. There I think lies the lesson in the collapse of the Star Wars Cafe that came alongside my early presence here. Personally I think you'd be best off making connections in the circles you're trying to appeal to in the first place. Make Star Wars friends who'd be happy to get their fix on your board, lure PC builders for your PC building forum, whatever: those people will provide useful input to attract and retain the novices who you are going to need eventually to grow that community and post the useful questions that search engines will point at and get more members. Not to speak of the other chatter they will generate. That's what someone who'd be seriously trying to grow from reading a discussion like this is missing, and what they need to get. At least so I would figure.

When thinking about social media and also thinking about how many people are more than likely still looking for knowledge on the internet that they possibly couldn't get from social media, it makes sense as to why a forum for knowledge would become successful if done right.

Years ago, many used to go to forums for wisdom and to socialize but now, they tend to get that more from social media than they do from forums.

I feel if you are looking to start and build up a forum, looking at making it a knowledge base is a good idea.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds