Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

blogs on forums

shadowslight

Renowned member
Website
soothingchaos.com
Credits
Ok so I thought about this on a modification that I was gonna do on my phpBB board. And its a feature that seems to come standard with vB.

So it made me wonder. What are your thoughts on a per user blog that comes with the forum software you use? We all know that forums run on content. and maybe blogs per user account. Might help. But do you think they might actually take away from the forums themselves?

Advertisement Placeholder
That really is a nice idea, but it could backfire. If users start to post their content with links to sites which have been penalized by google, that could really have a bad impact on your website.

So you will have to empoly a team to check for each and every article your users create and post.

I find that blogs never get really used by members of a website. I guess it does depend upon your niche of course though.

Each profile page on my forum has a nifty little area where you can blog your heart out, post videos and even photo collages. This area belongs to the member and they can write or journal in any way they want. It seems to be a very popular option.

I was never a huge fan of the standard blog that comes with forums. It is a great thing with some forums but I just don't see the point. I believe IPB also has one. I did own a forum a while ago and I did have a blog too. The blog was the normal URL of the site and the forum was with /forum. But instead of using the actual vBulletin blog, I used wordpress. I had lots of freedom and it turned out great. I even got a theme to match the forum so people didn't feel lost.

It really depends on your forum niche and what you will use the blog for.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds