Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Blogger.com and Wordpress.com

Sam1

Mythical member
Website
holderhost.com
Credits
Not looking at self hosting, How do you think Wordpress.com and Blogger platforms compare? Which do you prefer? :)

Advertisement Placeholder
Both have their pros and cons.
For example with blogger I feel its easy to have lots of blogs at a time. Its very easy to maintain as all the blogs are available and managable in their control panel.
Wordpress is so awesome with their inbuilt tools for statistics, more control over posts and as such.

Among these if I were to choose one, I would choose wordpress. That's because its easier to migrate it to a selfhosted installation.

OMG, I just created a thread about this without even looking if it was already posted. Reporting it so that my thread can be deleted!!

I've created a test blog on WordPress.com before, never have on Blogger (although I did tried but ended up leaving half-way through the process). I don't like the fact that you can't install your own plugins at Wordpress.com that's why I use my own hosting and install WP myself, haha. With Blogger, provided that they're with Google, is not a bad choice to use (for me, since I'm a Google fan).

OMG, I just created a thread about this without even looking if it was already posted. Reporting it so that my thread can be deleted!!

* Agreeing with Haze- Great minds think alike ;)

I've created a test blog on WordPress.com before, never have on Blogger (although I did tried but ended up leaving half-way through the process). I don't like the fact that you can't install your own plugins at Wordpress.com that's why I use my own hosting and install WP myself, haha. With Blogger, provided that they're with Google, is not a bad choice to use (for me, since I'm a Google fan).

I prefer blogger- though not because I'm a Google fan.. :) I just love the fact that you have unlimited storage and bandwidth, can start a blog easily, it's cheaper in regards to domains and it's easy to integrate adsense and Amazon associates into your blog- two mainstays of income for bloggers! :D

* Agreeing with Haze- Great minds think alike ;)

I prefer blogger- though not because I'm a Google fan.. :) I just love the fact that you have unlimited storage and bandwidth, can start a blog easily, it's cheaper in regards to domains and it's easy to integrate adsense and Amazon associates into your blog- two mainstays of income for bloggers! :D
I doubt it's truly free unlimited. If you start eating that up like a fat kid eating cake, I'm sure they'll contact you ;)
Wordpress is easier to theme IMO, so I prefer that ;)

I doubt it's truly free unlimited. If you start eating that up like a fat kid eating cake, I'm sure they'll contact you ;)
Wordpress is easier to theme IMO, so I prefer that ;)

I think it depends. If you're using Adsense ads on the blog and they're making money, I'm sure they'll let you use whatever resources you like.... :)

I think it depends. If you're using Adsense ads on the blog and they're making money, I'm sure they'll let you use whatever resources you like.... :)
Yes, I've seen blogs with 100K+ page views, works fine.

Free hosted: wordpress.com. Blogspot is horrible, spammy and unprofessional
Self hosted: wordpress. It's the BEST for blogging (and not only for blogging) so anything else is a waste of time if you ask me.

Wordpress is too difficult for me. I prefer Blogger, their editor is most easy to use - I made my first websites with Blogger, a few years ago, when I didn't know anything about making sites, and it was so easy :)
Now I am a webmaster with some more experience, but Wordpress is too difficult for me also now!

I think for a personal blog and for those who are not tech savvy like me, Blogger is the way to go but for a professional look, one should use Wordpress. I've never used Wordpress. It's so confusing. I don't know where to begin. Blogger is so much easier to use; very user-friendly.

I think for a personal blog and for those who are not tech savvy like me, Blogger is the way to go but for a professional look, one should use Wordpress. I've never used Wordpress. It's so confusing. I don't know where to begin. Blogger is so much easier to use; very user-friendly.
I am also not tech savvy, just like you :) When I started making sites, I used Blogger because it was the most easiest I ever find in that time. But I discovered Weebly about a year ago, and now I am using only this; I highly recommend it also for you! Just try it out, you can't ever find an easiest editor; it is a drag-and-drop editor, even a child of 10-12 years can use it without any effort!

I am also not tech savvy, just like you :) When I started making sites, I used Blogger because it was the most easiest I ever find in that time. But I discovered Weebly about a year ago, and now I am using only this; I highly recommend it also for you! Just try it out, you can't ever find an easiest editor; it is a drag-and-drop editor, even a child of 10-12 years can use it without any effort!
I've heard about Weebly but never gone to try the site. I didn't know that it's also a blog platform. I'm just so comfortable with Blogger. Every time I feel like starting a blog, Blogger is my first choice. But I will go to Weebly and see how the site is.

I've heard about Weebly but never gone to try the site. I didn't know that it's also a blog platform. I'm just so comfortable with Blogger. Every time I feel like starting a blog, Blogger is my first choice. But I will go to Weebly and see how the site is.
Just take a look about it, you don't lose anything doing this :) They have a lot of professional looking themes for websites, but you can use it for making also blogs. You can use their free domains, or you can go with your own domains - the hosting is free forever, even if you use their free, or your own paid domain! And so many other cool things - unlimited bandwith, unlimited images upload and more :)

I have a blog with blogger.
Put i do indeed prefer wordpress.
If i create a blog for my website, i will use wordpress.
but my blogger blog is a personal one for my drawings & artwork :p

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds