Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Blog

Sam1

Mythical member
Website
holderhost.com
Credits
How do you feel about having a blog on your forum? ForumPromotion used to have a blog connected to their forum but it became inactive. Several people have suggested reviving it.

Advertisement Placeholder
It is hard to manage a blog and a forum! You need to get guess posters and moderators to get the community well managed!

Thus, it will help you drive more traffic to your community! I found that blog comments is similar to forum posts when you own a blog site; but in case you own a forum, a blog is a good addition!
However, it require an advertising place for your new blog posts for forum users!

I've added a blog to my Battlefield forum, but haven't been able to dedicate time to it. It's fine to do it if you can find staff/time for it.

Let me quote something of mine from another site:

Jordan said:
I never actually seen a blog on a forum become successful, even forums that have a million + posts. Forums themselves are already a social site where users interact and reply to each other. Not sure how well blogs help out forums xD

So with that said, to answer your main question. I feel having a blog on a forum can be pretty useless xD

Wouldn't be bothered on my forum but on my Companies it is great for SEO, but on a forum it could also bring plenty of traffic

I think having a blog section is a good idea if you can drive active members on your forum for content contribution. Blog posts are more frequent cached and indexed in Google and helps in website SEO and ranking in search engines.

Blog is an awesomething to have on any websites, well except forums! :)
I mean forums can have sectiosn to announce something officially and post all the updates. So having a blog for a forum is an utter waste of resources if you ask me!

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds