Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Blog connected to your Forum?

Sam1

Mythical member
Website
holderhost.com
Credits
How many of you have a blog "connected" to your forum? Are they on separate domains or is one/both under subdomains/ directories?

When I purchased the WebGurubb.com domain (way back in 2012), I also purchased WebGurublog.org. The idea in having both is that the best resources on the forum can be expanded into full articles on the blog thus attracting visitors from Google and hopefully new members. Unfortunately I never had the time to carry out that plan....

Advertisement Placeholder
I know a person who first started a fashion blog and gained a huge audience with just his blog first. He later opened up a forum to provide a community for his fans and it just blew up right away! I once tried creating a blog for a medium sized forum I had but it was just too much work and I could not promote two things at once.

having a blog on the same domain is the most valuable thing and it will always add value to a forum or any other website.

I do not normally connect blog with a forum. If I have to have a blog, I use a subdomain.

So let's say, I have a domain called testing.com. What I do is, I will have forum.testing.com and blog.testing.com.

I thought about having a blog on the same domain as my forum however I was always worried about finding the time to keep both updated with fresh content so I scrapped the blog idea and just stuck with my forum idea. I personally know a few people though who have done this and they say it's always been a huge success so it is something to keep in mind if I ever do get some time.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds