Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Biggest step you've taken in your life

Debashis

Service Manager
Administrator
What's one of the biggest steps you have taken in your life recently or in the past?
How was the outcome? Did it make you feel proud or left a lesson behind for you to learn and grow?

Probably when I decided to start driving by getting a license. It was a big turnaround in terms of not being so dependent on my parents to get me everywhere and the absolute freedom that comes along with it.

Having kids. One of the biggest responsibilities a human can decide on and has a major impact on changing your life(style).

Deciding to move in with my husband (then boyfriend). Honestly, I thought I was going to live with my mother forever and it didn't bother me. But then I met my husband and eventually, moving in was the next logical step.

Medically transitioning during a very terrible time for the trans community. I knew that not everyone would "agree" with my "lifestyle choice" but it's not about them, and clearly they need to stfu about issues that they don't even fully understand. It's my life, I didn't choose to be who I am, I've always been this way but in 2020 I decided to take that step further to becoming my true self fully. I'm still working on things, right now money is a big issue with the surgery I need to fully be happy with myself. But I've been on hormones for almost four years now.

I have personally taken many. I have had children, gotten married, and also taken my disability to the next level by doing further research as to what it actually is. I also managed to discuss with my doctor treatment for it.

Letting go of a job, due to the terrible work environment. I had no other job in sight, but it was a decision I had to make for my sanity. I don’t regret it.

Letting go of a job, due to the terrible work environment. I had no other job in sight, but it was a decision I had to make for my sanity. I don’t regret it.
I've done this myself too. It's hard to leave a job, especially when you don't have another one lined up right away, or at least that's how I did it. I should have had another job lined up right away, but it didn't take me too long to get a new one thankfully. Sadly now though, I have been thinking about leaving this job too but the pay is just too good. Perhaps I should address the problems I have with my supervisor, because it's not the job that's causing me these thoughts but the rants from one individual and I probably shouldn't let this one guy get to me as much as he does. Besides, I would love to get into the tech industry anyways so perhaps I should look into getting a IT job and getting Google Certified for something I just don't know yet. (I'd like to do programming, but I'm better at modifying other people's code rather than writing code from scratch...) Glad you were able to leave that toxic environment!

Definitely having kids. I had my first while I was in college and that was definitely an experience. In the last decade, I moved out of the USA and then moved back to the USA almost two years later. Buying a home for the first time was also a huge step.

Mine was to move from Scotland to California. I was getting married to a girl from here and we had to decide where to live and California won out lol. Can't say I was disappointed!

Having a kid was a huge step. Unfortunately, it didn't go as planned. However, I'm working to get things back on track.

Getting married.
Having children.
Learning a trade and starting my own business.
Getting baptized.
Losing >50lbs and reversing several "incurable" conditions in this last year.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds