Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Best way to advertise via social media

Travis

Credits
I am trying to advertise my site through social networks only twitter so far but could some of you give me some tips on ways to improve at it?

Advertisement Placeholder
Make it interesting and make sure that you try and reach as many real users as you can. Don't just tweet your url ;)

If you are using twitter for business promotion then makes 140 characters eye catchy which makes people to get hold of it.

If you have money to spend, spend it on facebook ads, it's very effective.
Otherwise keep updating the profile with interesting tidbits/facts/trivia from your niche and use hashtags.

I suppose you don't want to spend money. If that's the case, then you need to give the people what they want and at the same time you also try to get them to do your bidding. Any social network you'd be advertising on, just make sure you make updates mainly consisting of the things that interest people and are somehow related to your niche. If you can do this effectively, in no time you'd start getting great response.

I am trying to advertise my site through social networks only twitter so far but could some of you give me some tips on ways to improve at it?

How many followers do you have? Increasing your followers through exchange sites could increase the amount of traffic you receive from Twitter. It worked for me anyway.

I use Twitter as my main social media platform to advertise and make money.

However the secret is build an authority presence first, so people start putting attention in whatever you are delivering.

Just dropping a promotional tweet every now and then is not enough. Increasing your number of followers help but, how can get them reading your tweets?

Only updating them on a regular basis, but not just promoting your product and services.

Allow you sometime to tweet anecdotes, famous quotes, headline breaking news, comments on events and so on.

You need to make sure they realize you are in there and also that what you tweet is interesting, so when you come up with a promotional tweet they feel enthusiasm to learn more about.

If you don't have the time to tweet on an hourly basis or several times a day, use an automated tweeting service such as Twuffer or Hootsuite to facilitate your tasks.

I gave up social media due to some people who give comments to my site, I didn't realize it was the start to making relationship to them. So from then on I connected to these people even in linkedin and facebook. Maybe you should also try it.

Be active, be popular. Thats the only good way to get your promotion going. Google calculates how many times people shared your site, the popularity of your site and the likes :D So the more popular you are the better for your site's ranking with google :D

Until recently, Twitter wasn't giving us as much refferal traffic as FB was so we decided to up our game on Twitter. It may sound stupidly simple, but we found that identifying key hashtags and then using them really upped our traffic. We went from maybe 1-2 a day to 15+ on most days using targeted, good hashtagging on Twitter.

Until recently, Twitter wasn't giving us as much refferal traffic as FB was so we decided to up our game on Twitter. It may sound stupidly simple, but we found that identifying key hashtags and then using them really upped our traffic. We went from maybe 1-2 a day to 15+ on most days using targeted, good hashtagging on Twitter.
How much time did you spend in researching the hashtaggs ? Because I am trying to figure out some things ,but I wasnt really able to do much with twitter so far.

How much time did you spend in researching the hashtaggs ? Because I am trying to figure out some things ,but I wasnt really able to do much with twitter so far.

Well we spent maybe a day or so identifying what was what. I suppose in our niche (Tech) it was a little easier for us, we just identified what auto-RT feeds there was (Feeds auto-retweeting stuff with #Apple hashtags and such) and then focused on using them where possible in our tweets after we write a story. We did the same for Nokia, LG, Google, etc and so on.

What's your niche? I'll see if I can help you out a little. :)

Well we spent maybe a day or so identifying what was what. I suppose in our niche (Tech) it was a little easier for us, we just identified what auto-RT feeds there was (Feeds auto-retweeting stuff with #Apple hashtags and such) and then focused on using them where possible in our tweets after we write a story. We did the same for Nokia, LG, Google, etc and so on.

What's your niche? I'll see if I can help you out a little. :)
Well hosting and admin I have a lot of niches but those two are the main ones :D

Well hosting and admin I have a lot of niches but those two are the main ones :D

Hmm, well I can try my best to help out anyway. Best thing to do for now though IMO is to identify the key words that you use in your niche promotion #hosting #promotion #SEO etc. :p

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds