Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Best Ad Spots

Martee

Mythical member
Credits
Looking at any forum across the internet, where would you say would be the best place to put advertisements for maximum exposure?

For me, the simple answer is the header and footer, they are the places I tend to notice the most outside of the sections area of a forum. Seems logical to me!

Advertisement Placeholder
On forums, I think having it Postbit i.e. after the first post and then another ad after so many posts e.g. 5 is a good idea. A header, footer and sidebar advert is great for private advertisers though :)

Well, for a forum, the best places to have ads are in the header, footer, and first 500 pixels of your site.

This way, you have immediate exposure and almost ALL of your visitors see them before they go anywhere else.

Voting for the header and footer as well. Some forums put these 468 banners in some forum posts, as well.

Header and footer adspots are great. Also you might want to put one in a content section, as that's where the majority of the users will be looking. Plus, there's always that cheeky sidebar ad as well :p

Yes, definitively the header and footer are the best places for showing ads, to get high CTR. But don't forget about the importance of the sidebars, these places also can give you good CTR!

For example, if you are using CPC ads, the best place for these type of ads are in the right sidebar, and if you are using CPM banners, the best place for adding these banners are in the left sidebar. And the best converting dimensions are the 728x90 for headers and footers, the 300x250 if you have a large sidebar, and the 160x600 if your sidebars don't support 300x250 - these dimensions of banners are converting the best rates, even if you use CPC or CPM ads.

I would say that the header space would be the best for getting clicks on.
But the footer area & the sidebar or bars are good too.
The only thing is that, i would try not to have to many of them.
May deter people from your website

Header is the best spot for forums, I also like to place a add in the sidebar if you have a Xenforo forum.

When it comes to advertisements I have always found that the best spots on say a forum are the header and the footer and also now with Xenforo I also think the sidebar is a great place also. Advertisements in the wrong place can really put off members and also visitors such as placed below the navigation bar or placed halfway down the page.

Another great place but I feel should really only be used for guests is in between posts.

I don't really like putting ads in the header as it ruins the look of a forum. But it seems that most forums put ads there now, so i guess it's expected. Instead, I place ads after the first forum post and at the bottom of each page, under the forum posts.

As long as the ad is in a viewable place, and it doesn't seem like you're trying to hide it then it wouldn't be an issue. Although make sure its on a spot where the user is viewing a lot (keep in mine the scrolling of the page).

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds