Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Being CEO for a day: which company would you choose and why?

Christopher1

Addicted member
Credits
If you could be a CEO for a day for any company, which would you choose? Personally, I would love to be CEO of Google for a day just because I've always been curious about their culture. I hear they have a really interesting and laidback culture.

How about you?

Advertisement Placeholder
@Christopher, Google's employees satisfaction is described in this article: https://www.glassdoor.com/blog/job-google-heres/
Their culture is unique but it has many cons.

I would like to be the CEO of PwC. It is the largest professional company. :smiley:

From the article:

“Lots of internal procedures are always changing and often confusing; not enough hierarchy; difficult to maintain a balance with so many things going on at once,” – Google Software Engineer (New York, NY)

“Can’t get anything done, so much red tape. As a Recruiter you are really just a paper shuffler and Hiring managers rule the roost so if they are incompetent then your hands are tied and there is no way to be successful.” – Google Leadership Recruiter (Mountain View, CA)

“Google isn’t a place for long term career planning. After a point in time you are stuck, and your role leads you no where.” – Google Product Manager (Hyderabad, India)

“Google is fighting the ‘law of large companies’, and is doing pretty well but there’s a certain inevitability afoot too: Over the four years I’ve been there, I’ve noticed scaling back of perks (and also at times a sickening culture of employee entitlement), a steady rise of red tape to run a scalable service in the production environment, a certain amount of stiff corporate speak and a uptightness over branding, image, and in some cases (though definitely not all) an aversion to risk taking has to some extent dampened my enthusiasm a little bit. Still an amazing place to be though.” – Google Senior Software Engineer (Mountain View, CA)

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds