Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

becoming active and keeping it active?

Xyphien

Addicted member
Website
www.graphichub.net
Credits
So lately my forum has been gaining some members throughout a lot of sites via advertising. These people have either helped out extremely through uploads, or have donated, and the activity is booming. I always tend to have a problem with keeping the activity up, and fully functional as most people tend to loose interest over time as most forums, and leaving. List some things you have done to keep the activity up, and running.

Advertisement Placeholder
I have no idea what the answer is. It seems a forums activity doesn't just depend on cool offers, a great forum software, fantastic contests etc. There is something else which keeps a forum going...

I guess the main part is the community and the culture of the forum. I guess I will use an example I learnt at work - If there are two restaurants ( I work at a restaurant ;)) and there is one that is nice, the staff are nice, the customers are nice and there is another that have rude staff, that has rubbish on the tables and customers who are swearing and smoking you are obviously going to choose the first one. So I guess what i'm trying to say is be nice to the community, make sure your staff are. Make a rule that is no swearing *Maybe make an 18+ board where swearing is allowed* and the culture of your site will make the visitors choose your site over the others.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds