Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Banning Backlash

Shawn Gossman1

Legendary member
Administrator
Website
www.shawngossman.com
Credits
Here's a scenario for you...

You ban a member for trolling or being disrespectful too many times. Then a group of active users give you grief for it and threaten to leave if you don't unban the member.

You can unban them and look like you have confidence in running a forum, or do you stick to your guns and keep them on the banned list?

Have any of you experienced a scenario like this? If you did, what happened, and how did you overcome it?

Advertisement Placeholder
I can never be pressed or pressured into how to run my own forum especially when it deals with handling a rule breaker.

I wouldn't outrightly ban any member. It would be discussed with my team members before the decision is made. Anyone active member(s) that felt otherwise can leave the forum.

I think that is important.

If you've made a decision that you think is necessary, and people don't like it, they should be told they are free to leave if they feel the need to.

I have seen many admins ban at a whim and then a lot of drama, then unban. Not sure what the purpose is. Teaching a lesson, showing someone their place?
Unless you're a spammer or you do something really bad, I won't even consider banning you.

But I will argue something to death with you LOL.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds