Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Banlist

Advertisement Placeholder
I currently have no banned members on my forum because no one has done anything to deserve a ban. I can understand banning IP addresses and emails of troublesome users or spammers, but I haven't had to deal with such a thing yet. I wouldn't post the ban list publicly to allow members to see it, but members could clearly see a member is banned based on the group they're in most likely.

I used to show a ban list on the forum when I first started out with forums, and it was because I had seen another forum doing it and keeping a note of who was banned and their reason. I found that it wasn't really beneficial to the forum to have it in place to be honest as really only the staff need to know about a ban and why the ban was given and a banned member will show as banned on the forum anyway so members would be aware, so I stopped doing it. I can't say I now see any forums doing the same thing anymore and having a ban list in place that is public to all users.

What's the essence of showing a ban list to all the members of the forum? Could it be to scare them and deter them from breaking the forum rules and regulations in order to prevent them joining the list? Personally, I don't think it's necessary to leave that information out there for all the members to have access to it. If it's on the forum, it's only the staff members can see it.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds