Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Back on topic?

Sam1

Mythical member
Website
holderhost.com
Credits
Do you ever try and tell your members to get back on topic?

I can get quite annoyed when an admin or moderator tells me to get back on topic. Sometimes what I have to say is extremely useful to the thread even if it isn't "on-topic". For example. A person was trying to sell a domain. They had built their forum on this domain on a fake contest- not actually giving away any prizes. I mentioned it- in case someone bought the domain and started a new forum only to be hounded by former members who lost out. My post was removed and an admin told everyone to get back on topic.

WebGurubb is pretty lax about topics- we can go anywhere with one (which is how I like it- except for in the News/ Information boards).

Advertisement Placeholder
Well Haze usually took the stance of being relaxed about topics, heck, me and him would post about 1 page of off-topic conversation before we both realized and went "Oh shit.." A relaxed attitude leads towards the forum being more friendly, which is brilliant.

Well Haze usually took the stance of being relaxed about topics, heck, me and him would post about 1 page of off-topic conversation before we both realized and went "Oh shit.." A relaxed attitude leads towards the forum being more friendly, which is brilliant.

Very true, for me, being all strict about keeping things on-topic disrupt the flow of conversations on the site, hence why myself and you went crazy at times. In all though, I'd say it contributed to 1) the cohesion of the community somewhat (getting others to talk) and 2) I made a new friend. <3

Well, y'all know how WGBB is.
Go off topic and after a few hundred replies everyone comes back to the topic - WGBB style! :p
And yeah I get pretty annoyed too when someone asks me to get back on the topic. We usually reply when we have something to say.
So if the staff think like we should get back on topic, I prefer what DavidJohn said!

If the conversation is getting out of hands (several pages of off-topic content) then I do notify the users that it'd be nice if they could get back on topic - there's a handy private messaging system on every forum that allows you to chat without restrictions.

I tell members to get back to topic at once, i can't stand watching off-topic posts.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds