Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

At what age did you move out?

Advertisement Placeholder
I never moved out. I still live at home with my parents, but do contribute around the home. I take out the trash and recycling, and also pay our Internet and cable bill. I'm on a fixed income, but know we have housing programs when/if the time ever did come. I cannot afford a home or apartment on my own on this income.

I'm in the same boat. I don't have the finances to live on my own due to my fixed income.

I was 20 years when I went on my own.

I moved out of my parent's house when I was 16 nearly 17. I remember I got with someone when I was 16 and he got a flat I moved out into the flat with him just before I fell pregnant with my first child. I do somewhat regret making a decision to move out as quickly as I did as the relationship I was in ended up being a mentally abusive one, unfortunately. I am now out of that situation and have my own home now with my kids and I am a lot better off than I was then but I do still regret making such a big decision so quickly at a young age.

I moved out of my parent's house when I was 21 years old. I started working at the 17 by when I was 20 years old, I have saved enough money to pay my own rent and that's how I moved out. But I usually go to visit my parents every weekend or once in two weeks.

Not yet, and I'm 32 :p .

Would be nice to move out in the not-too-distant future, though!
You won't have peace of mind living with my parents at the age of 32 😂. They will make life miserable for you with the reason that you can't stand on your own. I couldn't take that risk.

I moved out on my own to an apartment near my college campus when I was 19 or 20. I lived there for 2 years, then I moved to another city so I could do my student teaching for a year. After that I moved back to live with my grandparents for 6 months and then I moved back out and lived with my bestfriend. I lived with my bestfriend for 7 years, and he moved out right before my wedding and now I have a forever room mate. :p

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 75.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds