Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Asking For Donation

Kane

Captain Junkie
Credits
One of the easiest ways to monetize a site is by asking for donations. You can ask for donations to maintain your website running cost. I see a lot of people using this monetization method. In my early days of blogging, I also did the same thing but I did not receive a lot of funds, therefore, I no longer ask for donations on my website.

Advertisement Placeholder
Personally, I don't think its a good way because I won't ask for any donations for anything but if it works for you or others then I don't mind.

I also don't like this method, but I believe there is nothing wrong. Since you are offering free content, there is nothing wrong to ask for donations.

That's fine but I think bizdustry admin was like that as he was asking members to donate for different things like for his bike as his previous one got stollen LOL

That's fine but I think bizdustry admin was like that as he was asking members to donate for different things like for his bike as his previous one got stollen LOL
Why are you so salty? Yet, people like you are the first to jump at a ‘money making opportunity’ online but are the last to help others when they most need it. Why in the right mind you think it’s acceptable to take, take and take when the bible encourages you to give back to the community too. Shows you’re true values and beliefs.

You probably didn’t realise that the Bizdustry Admin you are referring to is staff here - but hey nonr offence has been taken.

I don't believe in donations and my belief is if we depend on them we will soon perish, I am not sure how others have the guts to demand donations and survive on them but maybe their beliefs are different and they are built like that. So it's their own choice, let them play how they want.

Last edited:
I don't believe in donations
The donation we are talking about here on this thread is related to site monetization. Have you ever used pixabay? It is a free photo site, but the photographers have enabled donate button. Since they are providing free photos, there is nothing wrong with asking for donations. The same goes with a website, since the webmaster provides free content, they can ask for donations. But the visitors are not in any way under compulsion to donate., It is a free choice.

The donation we are talking about here on this thread is related to site monetization. Have you ever used pixabay? It is a free photo site, but the photographers have enabled donate button. Since they are providing free photos, there is nothing wrong with asking for donations. The same goes with a website, since the webmaster provides free content, they can ask for donations. But the visitors are not in any way under compulsion to donate., It is a free choice.
Then its fine but otherwise I don't believe in getting donations or starting a 'Go fund me' that we know is quite popular in western countries.

Then its fine but otherwise I don't believe in getting donations or starting a 'Go fund me' that we know is quite popular in western countries.
Go Fund Me is an American company. In the United States, people expect tips from you if you asked help to cross the road, which we do for free in our countries. :D

Go Fund Me is an American company. In the United States, people expect tips from you if you asked help to cross the road, which we do for free in our countries. :D

Yeah I know and this is why I feel the mindset is different here, I have nothing against @Alexander but personally, I don't feel any type of donation is good. But if they prefer it, then let they have it this way.

Yeah I know and this is why I feel the mindset is different here, I have nothing against @Alexander but personally, I don't feel any type of donation is good. But if they prefer it, then let they have it this way.
The donation could be advantageous when you just started a business because it will help the business grow very quickly if you could accumulate reasonable amount of money.

The donation could be advantageous when you just started a business because it will help the business grow very quickly if you could accumulate reasonable amount of money.
From where I am looking, If I am to start a business I will use my money or took loan/ financial help form banks or others and getting donations for this is not what I prefer.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds