Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Are your staffs computer systems at work dated?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
If you ever worked a job, you will see that they usually have a system in place, sometimes using a computer to keep track of sales and customers. But what if that system is dated so dated that it's using old hardware and an old OS. For example, the old video store that closed near me a couple years back, used to have a system in place that I believe still used DOS as their OS. I think they upgraded to like Windows 98 eventually, but that was just a few years ago I want to say. I don't know if they ever upgraded their systems in all those years.

Advertisement Placeholder
Well, yes. There are some old system in our company. But they're stupid slow. I don't like using them. Dated system for managing sales and customers can lead to several issues. It may lack security measures, limit functionality, and hinder efficiency. Upgrading to modern technology can streamline processes, improve customer service, and provide better decision-making capabilities. While initial costs may be a concern, the long-term benefits and cost savings make upgrading worthwhile for staying competitive and efficient in the market.

Well, yes. There are some old system in our company. But they're stupid slow. I don't like using them. Dated system for managing sales and customers can lead to several issues. It may lack security measures, limit functionality, and hinder efficiency. Upgrading to modern technology can streamline processes, improve customer service, and provide better decision-making capabilities. While initial costs may be a concern, the long-term benefits and cost savings make upgrading worthwhile for staying competitive and efficient in the market.
That's the thing about some businesses, especially if they're small businesses. A lot of them use outdated systems to do their work. And sometimes it works fine, but eventually an upgrade to something new would probably be ideal, especially in the long term. Plus with old tech, parts are tougher to come by, and can cost a ton depending on what you need.

But yeah, upgrading is the ideal step into getting into the future.

If your business is something that requires computers to be used by your workers, it is very important you make sure that they make use of computers that are always dated and recent because it is going to improve their work efficiency and not cause any kind of delay because of breakdown.

If your business is something that requires computers to be used by your workers, it is very important you make sure that they make use of computers that are always dated and recent because it is going to improve their work efficiency and not cause any kind of delay because of breakdown.

Many companies even install a tracking software that allows the company to track all the activity of the employees when it comes to utilising computer systems. This was the case with the Theranos company as they monitored activity of the employees. Usually such companies engage in unethical business practices.

Many companies even install a tracking software that allows the company to track all the activity of the employees when it comes to utilising computer systems. This was the case with the Theranos company as they monitored activity of the employees. Usually such companies engage in unethical business practices.

Personally, I am always in support of supervising and monitoring everything that your workers are doing in terms of carrying out their duties, so that you will be able to know that they are being committed and dedicated in carrying out your job and not just wasting time and after they will collect their paycheck.

I have had three different businesses in the past and none of the businesses required a computer for the staff, except an account of course. And the computer used by the accountant was up-to-date, a latest model with latest software.

I have had three different businesses in the past and none of the businesses required a computer for the staff, except an account of course. And the computer used by the accountant was up-to-date, a latest model with latest software.

What your employed staffs are expected to do on daily basis is what is going to determine if having a computer is going to help them carry out their daily activities or not. For workers who are into manual jobs most of the time, they don't need computers to do their jobs.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds