Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Are you okay with taking over someone's work/job?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Are you ever okay with the idea of taking over someone's job or taking over their business? I think it depends on what I'd be taking over. I don't want to take over someone's company either, but if I was paid or owned part of the company, I might consider it.

Advertisement Placeholder
It would really depend on the reason why I was taking over the work or job. I feel if it was a joint business so to speak and the joint owner wanted to walk away then I would be fine taking over their job and roles until we found a replacement.

I definitely would not feel comfortable with taking over their job or role if they were still in the business.

Are you ever okay with the idea of taking over someone's job or taking over their business? I think it depends on what I'd be taking over. I don't want to take over someone's company either, but if I was paid or owned part of the company, I might consider it.

There are many people who regularly participate in what others have to offer. However, taking over someone's else's business is a completely different thing. Having said that, employees do their level best to make sure that no one else takes their place and this is a normal thing many people experience. Workplace politics is a real thing.

I do not want to pull someone's legs to get a job, I do not tell ill things about a person to get his job. However, if the employer is not happy with this person and wants a replacement, I would definitely take this job. I believe you should be able to do a job based on your merit. I believe better people need to be treated better.

I do not want to pull someone's legs to get a job, I do not tell ill things about a person to get his job. However, if the employer is not happy with this person and wants a replacement, I would definitely take this job. I believe you should be able to do a job based on your merit. I believe better people need to be treated better.

I also do not like to interfere in other people's lives. This also includes professional or personal life. The fact remains that an employee is supposed to do his job properly. This is what owners, managers, and employers usually expect from employees. Having said that, if your job is to monitor what others are doing, then things might be quite different.

It would really depend on the reason why I was taking over the work or job. I feel if it was a joint business so to speak and the joint owner wanted to walk away then I would be fine taking over their job and roles until we found a replacement.

I definitely would not feel comfortable with taking over their job or role if they were still in the business.
I think I feel the same way. If they wanted me for the job, I'd probably consider it. But I wouldn't want to take over a job for someone unless they were accepting of me taking it over.

I think I feel the same way. If they wanted me for the job, I'd probably consider it. But I wouldn't want to take over a job for someone unless they were accepting of me taking it over.

I think that it depends on the circumstances. Sometimes a manager may think that you may be better suited for the job. This is why they may have had granted you the position in the first place and downgraded the other person. I think that this may also lead to professional jealousy.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds