Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Are you allowed to wear a hat at work?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
When it comes to your job, are you allowed to wear a hat or is it forbidden in your job? I ask because my brother works as a janitor for a local place and one of the bosses has requested all janitorial staff to wear hats going forward. My brother being semi bald was not into this idea and has worn his hat every day since. I wouldn't disallow someone from wearing a hat at work if it makes them feel better. What do you guys think?

I would understand if it's a major business or some office job, but this is someone who cleans after people and they are expecting him to look a certain way. I just find it dumb in this case.

Advertisement Placeholder
I have never worked in any company where there was any sort of dress code. IT was not written but commonly adopted that you will have to dress modestly and respect the culture of the society.

Most companies have dress codes so if hat is included in the dress code I see no reason why someone should not wear it,most workers who wear them are mostly garden workers or people who work outdoors

I have never worked in any company where there was any sort of dress code. IT was not written but commonly adopted that you will have to dress modestly and respect the culture of the society.

I have seen a few bosses who may wear hat. However, hats are something that not many people usually wear in here. many people in here wear caps instead. However, owners of big businesses may wear hats sometimes. This is more about fashion and what a person likes and prefer to wear.

A hat no, but a cap 🧢 yes. I don't know the reason why that are not allowed but probably maybe because they look awkward than a cap.

Personally, I don't like wearing either of them for any reason whatsoever. They makes me so uncomfortable. I have to manage to wear them whenever it's too sunny.

Well, I do not like wearing a hat or caps while I am indoors. I do sometimes wear caps, mainly baseball caps when I am outdoors but I do not wear hats. In my part of the world, hats are not very common but caps are. You can see a lot of people 3wearing caps indoors as well as outdoors.

I honestly don't know if we are allowed to wear caps or hats at work. It's not written in my appointment letter or I missed it when I was reading the letter but I doubt it. I would have to ask when I get to work on Monday because this one caught me by surprise.

A hat no, but a cap 🧢 yes. I don't know the reason why that are not allowed but probably maybe because they look awkward than a cap.

Personally, I don't like wearing either of them for any reason whatsoever. They makes me so uncomfortable. I have to manage to wear them whenever it's too sunny.

Yes, there are many companies that would allow you to do that. I have been in many workplaces where they may have no problem with that. In fact, there are a few places where wearing a hat is compulsory. This involves a few businesses such as restaurants where you are supposed to wear a hat.

Well, I think wearing a Hat or Cap isn't allowed where I work but on Fridays you can put on a Native Attire and possibly a Cap. What that means is that some Corporate Offices would want you to dress in a way that would please them no matter what. But if you own your business, you can put on Cap or Hat to your work place so far you are your boss and you decide for yourself

Well, I think wearing a Hat or Cap isn't allowed where I work but on Fridays you can put on a Native Attire and possibly a Cap. What that means is that some Corporate Offices would want you to dress in a way that would please them no matter what. But if you own your business, you can put on Cap or Hat to your work place so far you are your boss and you decide for yourself

There are many people in here who tend to wear traditional caps in here. They are quite different from the regular cap many people wear. So, such kind of caps are also quite popular in our country as well. They are considered good because they are associated with our traditions and it is highly appreciated. Many people wear such kind of caps at work as well.

Wearing a hat is cool for some type of work. There is no point for it to be mandatory for workers working in a corporate firm because some will end up abusing the privilege and wearing all manner of caps that are unacceptable in a workplace. So, unless it is a factory work, I do not see a need for workers to put it on.

There are many people who associate wearing hats with elegance. This is why hats are usually worn by many bosses. However, I have seen many sophisticated people wearing hats at work. This is quite less common in our country, though.

There are many people who associate wearing hats with elegance. This is why hats are usually worn by many bosses. However, I have seen many sophisticated people wearing hats at work. This is quite less common in our country, though.

There are some businesses where you are going to be required to wear your hat all the time as long as you are in your place of duty. I'm talking about those who are into restaurant business especially those who are working in the kitchen. They are always putting on their hats in order to prevent their hair strand from falling inside the food.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds