Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Are beginner forum owners too impatient?

Shawn Gossman1

Legendary member
Administrator
Website
www.shawngossman.com
Credits
Do you think beginner forum owners are too impatient to get their forums active?

Do you think they expect too much to happen quicker than it should?

What advice would you give to an impatient forum owner just starting out?

Advertisement Placeholder
I see this a lot. I see many people opening up forums & expecting an active membership to just fall into their lap. I put a lot of time into my forum. I advertise, do post exchanges to keep it going. It is a lot of work. & some people are blown away at that.
I think that is important. Putting work into your forum. It is something I'm trying to do more of lately.

I agree. A forum is not going to be super active within a fortnight. And even your family might not join even if you beg them.

Try to bring in members organically.

It's a difficult one really, these days it's very difficult as let's face it, Forums are a backwards form of communication. It was difficult enough to get members back in the 90's and early 00's when forums were at their height. You do need patience though, it's very difficult to get one off the ground without getting your friends or online friends to join.

This is the challenge with some of them. They want quick results instead of being patient and working on the best ways to ensure that they build their forums slowly.
Getting quick results or rather expecting quick results from the start blows my mind.

Because the internet is so widely used and every niche is oversaturated.

It especially shocks me when they use really popular niche forums and expect immediate growth overnight - like general forums, gaming forums, etc.

FAF is growing nicely but I still expect it to be a long time before it really starts to sustain itself as a community.

A lot of hard work ahead of me but I welcome it :)

Branding is one to do it and yes, it takes time and effort which in today’s world of instant gratification doesn’t go down well. Unless you’re a famous celebrity it’s a long haul process, but it does work dependent on the time and effort put in.
I've created a brand for myself locally. I took about 5 years but a lot of effort.
I'm not a Kardashian by any means LOL and hope to never be haha
But I get recognized by strangers and that's pretty fun.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds