Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Apple Event Sept. 12th.

JewishPoptart89

Loyal member
Credits
Hello everyone, welcome to my thread about this Apple Event. I'm super excited for it, especially with the new campus. If you didn't get to see the Google Event awhile ago, go ahead and check out my thread for that. I am switching it up with this event because I will be covering the event as I watch it. Of course, I'll have more details afterwords when I have videos and my notes to make a real article.

Apple Event!
For those who don't know were to watch it, please head over to the stream. If you're interested, here is a countdown, too! Starts at 10 AM PST or 12PM CST. A note, too, you can pretty much only stream on a device with Safari. Apple is using HLS technology. Go to the live stream page and down the to footer to see if you can watch it.

What This Is
For those who don't know, every September (Last year I think it was on the 8th) we get to see the new products Apple has made. Usually they stick with the main, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and others, but we never know. This Apple event is the first even we'll be seeing in the new campus in the Steve Jobs Theater. The chairs alone were rumored to cost $14,000 each!

WWDC
Awhile ago, there was also something called a WWDC. (World Wide Developers Conference) We were given information on iOS 11, the iPad Pro, Macbook/Macbook Pro, iMac Pro, MacOS High Sierra, WatchOS, Homepod, and of course, we also saw the new design of the App Store.

With the release of Homepod software, we've found and basically confirmed a few things about the release and the new iPhone. For one, we know the new iPhone will pretty much start at $999.

Check out a few things we think will be released today:
  • iPhone 8
    • Recently, we've begun to think that we're getting the iPhone 8 as an update to the 7, and the iPhone X as the premium anniversary phone.
    • From the leaks we have, we think we are getting an OLED screen (why its priced so high), and there will be no home button.
  • Apple Watch LTE
    • It's basically confirmed that we know we are getting LTE capabilities on our watches.
  • AirPods?
    • We might be getting new versions of the AirPods.
  • Final version of iOS 11.
  • Apple TV 4K
  • Animated Emojis
  • HomePod
    • No one really has been talking about these being in the event, but I have high hopes since all we know about them is they come out in December and what they told us at WWDC.

Series 3 Apple Watch
Pre order 9.15 | Available 9.22
Before we go further, yes this has LTE capabilities. The presentation for the Apple Watch was started by saying they are now the #1 watch in the world, they were #2 and passed Rolex.
Along side LTE, streaming from Apple Music is easier than ever. 40 million songs at your fingertips. This'll be great for Workouts. I don't see a huge need, but I never leave anywhere without my phone.

Siri has also been significantly updated. For those like me who still have the first watch, we know how stupid Siri used to be. Siri will also be able to talk back.

New faces including characters from Toy Story and a Siri watch face.

Apple is now shipping their watches with a red sticker on the wheel. Take a look below:
kWOYtrG.jpg
All in all, I think this is a good update on the watch, but I'm not sure I want to spend that much money yet, my current watch is running perfectly.

• LTE
  • Faster processor
  • New faces
  • WatchOS 4
  • Better Siri
  • Apple Music Streaming
Apple TV4K
Apple beat everyone to 4K, or at least I think they did. Along with putting 4K in the device, Apple formed partnerships with tons of production companies to get exclusive 4K movies and tv shows.

A game company has made a game called ¨Sky¨ for the release of the TV.

Sports got a huge update. Live showings of popular sports games. While you view and look for the game you want, you can see the score right on the thumbnail preview! Also live news. There is live news.

Homekit is now usable by the Apple TV as well as a revamp of the UI. Siri is also more prominent in this version.

• 4K Capabilities
  • Sky - a new game
  • Live Sports
  • Live News
  • Homekit
  • UI
  • Siri
iPhone 8
Upgrades are about refining your product, or so I've heard from a couple of people. I'm not sure where or who said that, sorry. I do know that the iPhone 8 isn't a huge upgrade, but it's enough.

The iPhone 7, if you didn't get the plus, wasn't a big change at all. We know that, and we still bought it. However, for the ones who didn't buy it, the iPhone 8 is an insane change for them.

Let's go over the tech specs on the iPhone 8:

• 4.7" Screen
  • A11 Bionic Chip
  • 12MP Camera
    • ƒ/1.8 aperture
  • Optical Zoom 6x
  • 7MP "Facetime Camera"
  • Fast Charge
  • Wireless Charging
  • Neural Engine
Now for the iPhone 8 Plus:
  • 5.5" Screen
  • A11 Bionic Chip
  • Neural Engine
  • Wireless Charging
  • Fast Charging
  • Wide-angle Lens ƒ/1.8 aperture
  • Telephoto Lens ƒ/2.8 aperture
  • Optical Zoom 10x
  • Portrait Mode
  • Portrait Lighting (In beta)
I do want to note one thing... The iPhone 8 and the iPhone 8 Plus have the same batteries at the iPhone 7 and the plus version. They also only have (pinkish) gold, Silver, and Space Gray.

The lowest model starts at just $699.

iPhone X (Pronounced iPhone 10)

Pre order 10.27 | Available 11.3
This phone is insane.
This phone is fucking nuts!
I may just be in love with Apple too much, but I gotta say they did almost everything I want, or need.

This phone is Apple's anniversary phone, hints why they skipped 9. They changed so much with this phone is a little crazy. Check it:

• 5.8" "Super Retina Display"
  • OLED Display
  • Fingerprint Resistant
  • IPV67
  • A11 Bionic Chip 64-bit Architecture
  • Embedded M11 motion coprocessor
  • 12MP Telephoto and Wide-angle lens
  • Optical zoom x10
  • Portrait Mode
  • Portrait Lighting (In beta)
  • Duel optical image stabilization
  • Sapphire Camera Lens
  • Six-element lens
  • Better flash
  • Animoji
  • Face ID
  • Last 2 hours longer than the iPhone 7 (Still pretty sick)
  • Wireless Charging
Here's my problem though.. We can only get the iPhone X in two colors. Silver and Space Gray
Now, this isn't a problem for me, I got a Space Gray Macbook Pro so I would get the Space Gray iPhone anyways. Really though? For $1,000 we should be able to pick from more than 2 colors.

Last edited:
Advertisement Placeholder

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 22 81.5%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds