Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Anyone use Paint.Net?

AresBlade

Credits
Back when I used to work for a marketing company I had access to Photoshop, but since I left that business I've been using Paint.Net for most of my graphic work, and I've been extremely impressed with it. It's completely free and I love it.

Advertisement Placeholder
I was looking for a free MS Paint alternative when I came across Paint.net and I must say I am very happy with it. I currently have Photoshop but I really believe I can do everything I need with Paint.net. I love how it is free and easy to install. Definitely recommend it for people who don't want to spend tons of money on Photoshop.

I thought that is what everyone used instead of Photoshop? I have used Gimp also from source forge and it worked pretty well after you figured out how to use it. There are a lot of free apps out there now that perform as well, if not sometimes better, than their namesakes.

I thought that is what everyone used instead of Photoshop? I have used Gimp also from source forge and it worked pretty well after you figured out how to use it. There are a lot of free apps out there now that perform as well, if not sometimes better, than their namesakes.
I've tried a number of the other apps, but I couldn't do what I can with paint.net, so I thought I would bring it up in case others haven't tried it. There are great extensions out there so that you can open and work directly with Photoshop files, and it really works well if you haven't got the money for PS or you're just a hack like I am.

I used to install Paint.net on some of my work computers years ago because I didn't have a license for Photoshop on them (I worked in marketing so they weren't going to put Photoshop on my machine). It was an OK editor for it's time, and I remember being actually quite thrilled with it considering that it was free. But feature wise it's nowhere near the level of Photoshop.

Believe it or not, a really good option, one that I would argue is even better than Pain.net not to mention more intuitive and convenient to use is Pixlr. It's an online program that is free and runs right from your browser. The UI is very similar to Photoshop so there is no learning curve to deal with, and I found the whole experience to be quick and intuitive when using it. Sometimes I will fire it up even though I do have Photoshop on my system when I want to do something quickly but don't want to wait for Photoshop to load up.

You can also look on sites like GiveAwayOfTheDay who often offer free licenses to Photoshop competitors from time to time.

I love paint.net as it's easy to use. I'm by no means a graphic designer and have no desire to become one, so the steep learning curve with Photoshop or Gimp intimidates me. It really does depend on how much graphic work you need to do, though.

I love it! I use it for everything that has to relate to graphics. I use it for my thumbnails and my channel :)

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds