Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Anyone into cycling at all?

Shawn Gossman1

Legendary member
Administrator
Website
www.shawngossman.com
Credits
I'm a road cyclist.

I also mountain bike.

I like riding on rail trails, too.

Are any of you into cycling at all?

Here are some of my cycling adventures :)

Attachments

• bike-bluffage.jpg
    bike-bluffage.jpg
    420.9 KB · Views: 3
  • bike-rend-lake.jpg
    bike-rend-lake.jpg
    390.9 KB · Views: 3
  • breeden-bike.jpg
    breeden-bike.jpg
    263.5 KB · Views: 3
  • crab-bike.jpg
    crab-bike.jpg
    576.5 KB · Views: 3
  • rainbow.jpg
    rainbow.jpg
    270.6 KB · Views: 3
  • shawn-red-bike.jpg
    shawn-red-bike.jpg
    449.3 KB · Views: 3
  • tunnel-bike.jpg
    tunnel-bike.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 3
Advertisement Placeholder
I have anxiety and panic attacks when I even try to get on my bike at this stage of life due to trauma... But there's still a part of me that wants to get on it again eventually. Mostly so I can go to places I can't reach by foot, but also because... Uh... I don't know why, honestly. I just do?

I broke my knee fibula or tibula a few years ago, and my knee has not been the same since. Mountain biking would be too strenuous for my knee.
I want to get a mountain bike so I can mountain bike.
Unfortunately I have been having chest problems and have not been able to do outdoor actives like I usually do like hiking, camping and kayaking.

You'd think with that much light, folks would see you... but several times we had to take to the grass on the uncurbed roads to avoid getting hit.

I wear the most colorful and wild spandex clothing possible when I road bike. You'd think I'd be noticed instantly. I too have had to take the grass or ditch because of bad drivers.

Most are texting.

They should be lucky I'm not in law enforcement. I'd be known for giving tickets for texting :LOL:

@Shawn Gossman you've been to a lot of amazing places!

I have found that my knees can't handle the stress of cycling anymore. The last time I tried to use my road bike, it was on a trainer in the basement and my hands hurt so bad. I thought that maybe I was getting arthritis so I had to stop because it was so painful, especially at night. I should probably sell my bike, but don't know if I can bear to part with it just yet.

I used to love cycling 75-100 miles a week. We had a Rails to Trails that was really nice, going through some small towns.

I hate that you can't bike anymore. I have arthritis in my knees from coal mining, but biking has always relieved the pain from that.

I'm not sure if it would help you, but many folks switch to recumbent bikes, or better yet, how about an eBike?

You can still enjoy cycling but get an extra push, so you don't have to do all the work.

I hate that you can't bike anymore. I have arthritis in my knees from coal mining, but biking has always relieved the pain from that.

I'm not sure if it would help you, but many folks switch to recumbent bikes, or better yet, how about an eBike?

You can still enjoy cycling but get an extra push, so you don't have to do all the work.

I tried a recumbent bike for exercising at a gym and it was awkward. I might have to give it another try? EBikes aren't allowed in many places where I live.

I tried a recumbent bike for exercising at a gym and it was awkward. I might have to give it another try? EBikes aren't allowed in many places where I live.
You should fight for them to be allowed!

We did and they were allowed. Standard e-Bikes that meet standards for speed, etc.

e-Bikes allow people with disability or who cannot ride regular bike anymore a chance to be active again and travel. IMO, prohibiting them is an act of disability discrimination and that's what I'd fight against it with.

We ended up getting e-Bikes permitted by writing to our local Senator who pushed agencies to change their policies. It also helps if you get outdoor tourism agencies involved and prove that e-Bike could help the local economy.

As a cyclist, I'd rather ride a manual bike but e-Bikes mean that one more bike is on the road and that's good for the cycling community as a whole.

You should fight for them to be allowed!

We did and they were allowed. Standard e-Bikes that meet standards for speed, etc.

e-Bikes allow people with disability or who cannot ride regular bike anymore a chance to be active again and travel. IMO, prohibiting them is an act of disability discrimination and that's what I'd fight against it with.

We ended up getting e-Bikes permitted by writing to our local Senator who pushed agencies to change their policies. It also helps if you get outdoor tourism agencies involved and prove that e-Bike could help the local economy.

As a cyclist, I'd rather ride a manual bike but e-Bikes mean that one more bike is on the road and that's good for the cycling community as a whole.

I live out in the country, so I would never ride anything on the streets here because they're curvy and hilly. It's very dangerous. Some people do it and I get so mad at them because it's so hard to see around any curves until you're practically on top of them.

We have some trails but not all allow ebikes. Some trails are really rough terrain and I don't know how ebikes handle those?

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds