Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Anyone been arrested in your workplace?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Has there ever been a time where a co-worker of higher up was arrested right in your workplace? What happened? Was the employee fired from their job? I thankfully haven't been arrested before and I haven't saw anyone get arrested where I worked before. But I'm sure there were some in the past. If you know someone who was arrested in your work, how did it go for them after?

Advertisement Placeholder
Me neither. I can imagine such situations can be concerning and disruptive to the work environment. When something like that happens, it's usually handled by law enforcement and HR, and the consequences depend on the circumstances and the severity of the situation. In some cases, the employee may be placed on leave or terminated, while in others, they may have an opportunity for legal representation and due process. Each case is unique, and it's essential to handle such situations with sensitivity and adherence to the law.

Me neither. I can imagine such situations can be concerning and disruptive to the work environment. When something like that happens, it's usually handled by law enforcement and HR, and the consequences depend on the circumstances and the severity of the situation. In some cases, the employee may be placed on leave or terminated, while in others, they may have an opportunity for legal representation and due process. Each case is unique, and it's essential to handle such situations with sensitivity and adherence to the law.
Oh yeah. A friend of mine recently witnessed someone getting arrested, it wasn't at his work, but it was at a local movie theater and I think he was working there. I think the guy was on drugs and he was being loud and obnoxious to people. I guess he was talking a lot during the movie he saw too, because some guy yelled out at him about that.

But yeah, I imagine HR handled some of it until the cops came in to take control.

I've never been in any workplace where someone was arrested by the police or even detained by the boss for committing any kind of illegal activities that is related to fraud in the business. I know it's something that is going to leave a very bad impression on most of the workers should the police storm in to pick up a staff which is why some businesses try to avoid this happening.

I've never been in any workplace where someone was arrested by the police or even detained by the boss for committing any kind of illegal activities that is related to fraud in the business. I know it's something that is going to leave a very bad impression on most of the workers should the police storm in to pick up a staff which is why some businesses try to avoid this happening.

Getting arrested in front of the staff could be a very huge embarrassment and this could lead to a huge damage to one's reputation as well. However, i am quite sure that there isn't any particular law that states that the police cannot arrest you while you are at work. There have been many cases of people getting arrested while they were at work.

Getting arrested in front of the staff could be a very huge embarrassment and this could lead to a huge damage to one's reputation as well. However, i am quite sure that there isn't any particular law that states that the police cannot arrest you while you are at work. There have been many cases of people getting arrested while they were at work.

As long as the cops have their arrest warrant, they will pick up anyone from anywhere once it's within their jurisdiction to exercise that power. It's definitely going to be a huge embarrassment for any staff that gets arrested publicly in his workplace. Even if he ends up being innocent, the psychological damage won't heal quickly.

I've never seen anyone get arrested in my workplace, I don't know any of my co-workers who has been arrested outside of work either, it would be a bit embarrassing if that happened to someone while at work, plus it would be the main topic of discussion for a long time in the workplace after said misfortune happened.

I've never seen anyone get arrested in my workplace, I don't know any of my co-workers who has been arrested outside of work either, it would be a bit embarrassing if that happened to someone while at work, plus it would be the main topic of discussion for a long time in the workplace after said misfortune happened.

Some workers are very good with gossiping and in a situation whereby this kind of thing happens to anyone, it is going to be the topic of discussion for months and some people will even start trying to deassociate themselves from that particular staff because they will be thinking that he or she is involved in a kind of shady deals that got him arrested.

I have never seen anyone get arrested in a workplace that I have worked at in the past. I do know there was an instance where money was going missing from the cash register when I was working at a restaurant as a waitress and the owner was close to calling the police about it when no one would own up to stealing the money, that was until someone finally came forward. That is the closest I have ever seen someone coming to in trouble with the law in a workplace.

Some workers are very good with gossiping and in a situation whereby this kind of thing happens to anyone, it is going to be the topic of discussion for months and some people will even start trying to deassociate themselves from that particular staff because they will be thinking that he or she is involved in a kind of shady deals that got him arrested.
This is very true, sometimes it can be something so small or even something as big as someone being arrested and the employees of the business can end up gossiping about it for sometimes, a long time. In some cases even though some workplaces stress it should not happen, some people even tell others out of the workplace like friends and family and then it just spreads.

I've never been arrested at workplace and I know it won't happen as least not as a result of what I must have done. I make sure to do everything in my work by the book which will make it difficult to have anything incriminating me to warrant getting arrested for it.

As long as the cops have their arrest warrant, they will pick up anyone from anywhere once it's within their jurisdiction to exercise that power. It's definitely going to be a huge embarrassment for any staff that gets arrested publicly in his workplace. Even if he ends up being innocent, the psychological damage won't heal quickly.

Well, there are many people who never care about this and this is why they commit the crime in the first place. There have been people who were not only arrested from their workplace, but they were also highlighted in the media as well. A person who commits a crime may never care about these things in the first place.

I have never seen anyone get arrested in a workplace that I have worked at in the past. I do know there was an instance where money was going missing from the cash register when I was working at a restaurant as a waitress and the owner was close to calling the police about it when no one would own up to stealing the money, that was until someone finally came forward. That is the closest I have ever seen someone coming to in trouble with the law in a workplace.

This is very true, sometimes it can be something so small or even something as big as someone being arrested and the employees of the business can end up gossiping about it for sometimes, a long time. In some cases even though some workplaces stress it should not happen, some people even tell others out of the workplace like friends and family and then it just spreads.

The aftermath of this kind of development is always very difficult for any worker who passed through it to get over because whenever something similar happens in the company, the person we always have a flash of memory of what happened or whenever he sees two people looking at him or her in a way that looks like they are discussing, the person will start having a panic attack as a result of the rush of memory about the whole embarrassment.

I don't like it when people gossip about me. What I hate so much whenever they gossip is they would never have all the information but will hurl at a slight detail they come across and spreading it over like it's the only truth. Bad news are gossiped more than good ones. If you get arrested at work, some people will make videos of it and post it on social media.

No i have never experienced this and i really hope i do not in the future. Though there was a time someone came and made some threats at the office, that he would pick us up the next day. But in the end notting happened.

No i have never experienced this and i really hope i do not in the future. Though there was a time someone came and made some threats at the office, that he would pick us up the next day. But in the end notting happened.

This is something an aggrieved customer can actually do especially when a transaction didn't go how he or she expected it to go. Although it is very necessary for businesses to not allow such kind of a thing to escalate to this point. It is the reason why having a very good customer service system for your business is very good so that they can prevent such thing from happening.

I have never hired anyone with criminal records. Therefore, there have been no arrests in my workplace. However, once I had to threaten my worker to get him arrested. Despite multiple warnings, he always showed up to work drunk and whenever he was drunk, he always took a fight with other workers.

No I did not it is important to behave well and make sure you know all dangers that can happen if you get criminal record you can get in a lot of trouble

No one has ever been arrested in my work place, except to be queried due to one misbehaviour or the other, a colleague of mine was once queried for always coming to work late.

I have never hired anyone with criminal records. Therefore, there have been no arrests in my workplace. However, once I had to threaten my worker to get him arrested. Despite multiple warnings, he always showed up to work drunk and whenever he was drunk, he always took a fight with other workers.
Well that doesn't necessarily mean that a person you hire won't be a criminal. There is always a chance that someone who currently works for you commits a crime later. Not saying they will of course, but there's a chance that anyone could commit crimes, even people with glowing records.

I work alone and unless I am the one being arrested, I don't think I will have to experience such. That's really terrible but all I can do is just imagine, I have heard stories too of that happening in a bank in my area.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds