Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Allow members to donate prizes?

HyperActive

Recognized member
Website
forumdynamic.com
Credits
Well, almost every forum comes across the time to create/host a contest, raffle, or giveaway. My question is, do you allow your members to donate prizes to be given away after the contest has ended? Why or why not?

I myself do, I think it's a great way for a member to reward the others with their activity and dedication. I also find it a great money saver for the administrator, where as he can spend the money on something for the forum.

You may ask, well why not let them? It's free prizes! A reason why this could go the other way as planned, a member could easily scam you with a fake giftcard, fake game code, etc. And at the time of the prize announcement, you have no prize :(

Advertisement Placeholder
I don't see any problem so long as you trust the member who is donating the prize. What you could do is make the prize giveaway under their topic to distance yourself from the competition if something were to go wrong.

This is actually such a great idea! The only problem I would have is finding members who would actually be willing to donate for the site. Maybe it would be easier to take cash donations?

This is actually such a great idea! The only problem I would have is finding members who would actually be willing to donate for the site. Maybe it would be easier to take cash donations?

Generally the members will approach you if they are wanting to give back to the community. You could take in donations to run a contest- that could work out really well.

I allowed members to donate prizes. I mean if I can trust the members and if other members find that member trustworthy and respectable. Then yeah I will allow the member to help out by donating prizes. :)

I do not know many people who have donated money to admins for contest purposes. Anyone who does that has to be extremely generous.

Personally I will never take donations from anyone to run a contest, because what if the donator somehow scams me?

Surely, why not? Why not have memers donate prizes? Sounds a bit dumb if you decline free prizes :p

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds