Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Advertise before opening.

D

Deleted member 403

Do you advertise to your friends before opening? I have never done this and don't think it helps. I usually post at least 2-3 posts on every forum section and then release it to the public, that way forum will look slightly better than having zero posts and asking people to join.

Advertisement Placeholder
I don't think promotion an empty forum or even a blog can actually help your site. People cannot make any opinion about a site where there is no post. I am saying this from my assumption as I have never owned a site

it's a pretty idea, as you have to remind people about the official opening, and when opening, people might explore some bugs and some other things that hinders the smoothness from their experience

It always good to share with your friend and social media before you open the forum so people can understand your concept and give some feedback and you can fill the forum with few posts in it.

Do you advertise to your friends before opening? I have never done this and don't think it helps. I usually post at least 2-3 posts on every forum section and then release it to the public, that way forum will look slightly better than having zero posts and asking people to join.
Advertising before opening is the best , for getting more customers , but you need to advertise online and not to only your friends, advertise normally and tag your friends.

It is better for the forum to have some activity on the platform before you can start inviting people to join.because that will serve as a basis for others coming in to know about what the platform is all about.

Doing a soft launch is usually the safest way to go in my experience. Launching quietly and building your site up can be a big help in terms of getting the traction built up enough over time. People who do a hard launch by just flipping a switch and advertising at full pace is not always right and that is especially true for a forum. You need to have content and a reason to keep visitors on the site. A soft launch helps that.

People advertising their business before they start such business is also a good idea, it helps you as a business owner to prepare ground for your business.

As the saying goes "practice what you preach",one is suppose to lead by example. Advertising before opening is not a wise decision, it is better to open before advertising.

I believe it will be very chaotic and not nice for one to advertise his or her forum without posting contents on the website yet as most users of a website are motivated by the contents they see on the website to start adding their voice to the website.

I think it is to advertise so that it help one to get a lot customers in website do that them can start posting in your website, advertising will really help one to open a website.

I believe it will be very chaotic and not nice for one to advertise his or her forum without posting contents on the website yet as most users of a website are motivated by the contents they see on the website to start adding their voice to the website.
just like in most instances,visitors to any forum would like to see the content of a forum first and the quality of discuss there before the would think of joining.For me it good to start building something so that the forum will not be an empty one when vistors are invited.

For a forum my take is to have friends to do the initial posting. Maybe they can work for free for a period of 1 week while the admin is promoting the new forum in other sites. If you have no friends to help you out then you need to hire paid posters. It is not good to see a site that is empty. A few posts would make it look like a ghost town.

I actually like your method too, have a plan and laid down outline for new customers than just advertising and then customers feeling awkward after they join.

That's a very smart approach there. At least it helps the readers to get the feeling that some posting activities are going on in almost all of the forums before they can make their contributions

Advertising is the soul and source of income do business, so its normal to advertise your business to your friends and other neighbouring people before starting the business.

A lot of business start advertising campaign before their product has been launched in the market. Advertising before the launch creates a lot of interest

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds