Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Adult Section

Advertisement Placeholder
If the current generation of teenagers is anything like I was as a teenager, what's the point? If they know there is an adult area, they'll just lie about their age anyway.

At which point if they slip up, you'll just ban them.

That said it's more common now in platforms to have age-related signup features (since GDPR mandates this and there are different minimum ages of data consent across Europe) and have the point of registration be the age check, with the same caveats as above.

The thing about adult sections is, everyone has a different kind of 'adult content' that they like posting. Some people are fine with the more mainstream sexual stuff, but hate it when things get kinkier. Others are fine with that, but hate gore/violent content. And others are fine with the gore, but hate off-colour and offensive jokes. But if you're running an adult section, then you need to have a stomach of steel for all the different kinds of adult content (or at least, all the kinds that your adult section is going to allow).

Myself, I simply do not have the strongest of stomachs for multiple different kinds of adult content - and therefore, I do not have an adult section (and likely never will). I actively avoid them on other forums that have them - which is a clear sign that I shouldn't have one on my own board.

Think 'adult content' is so different to everyone. I have seen forums allow NSFW photos/images, more mature discussions, and so on in those forums/areas of the site. I also don't think it adds much value to a community or forum, but to each their own.

I don't do adult sections. I prefer to keep things as family-friendly as I can :)

I used to have a private forum where anything went. It would get pretty adult-rated in it. It always felt weird to me talking about some of the more private adult stuff.

I'm just not that kind of chatter. But nothing against it :) To each their own!

I don't do adult sections. I prefer to keep things as family-friendly as I can :)

I used to have a private forum where anything went. It would get pretty adult-rated in it. It always felt weird to me talking about some of the more private adult stuff.

I'm just not that kind of chatter. But nothing against it :) To each their own!
I personally am not going to have an adult forum/adult section on my forum either.

I remember when I had my general chat forum I did have an 18+ section on the forum that was used for more adult talk so to speak so say adult-based memes, adult-based jokes, adult-based forum games, and such so that it was away from any younger eyes on the forum.
How did you effectively moderate it from younger people getting access?

I mean, someone can lie about their age initially and join.

And in most countries, you can still be liable if they accomplish that, depending on the type of content that is posted. Nudity would be a big one.

I have been on several forums that's got adult board section set up on it. They are VIP accessed which is usually paid for. I love for the fact that it's not open to kids to take part because the kind of contents that goes on it there isn't cool for kids. I would allow it on my forum because most people like being naughty in discussion, so they need a secret section to do it without any limitations.

I have been on several forums that's got adult board section set up on it. They are VIP accessed which is usually paid for. I love for the fact that it's not open to kids to take part because the kind of contents that goes on it there isn't cool for kids. I would allow it on my forum because most people like being naughty in discussion, so they need a secret section to do it without any limitations.

How would you know who is a kid and who is not? That is a valid question especially as a lot of people that are underaged would want to sneak in to see what is going on there.

How would you know who is a kid and who is not? That is a valid question especially as a lot of people that are underaged would want to sneak in to see what is going on there.
I think a lot of it will be the honor system. We do not know as forum owners who is and isn't an adult. I'd rather just not have an adult section in general as to avoid a minor getting access to this forum/subforum. As said above, you also can easily lie about your age.

Internet Arthur GIF

No, I would never allow any adult content to be posted on my forums. And it doesn't matter if it's in a member's only part of the forum that's not visible for guests, etc. I do this because of two main reasons:
  1. It makes your forum look tacky and unprofessional, and it will make most people unwilling to register and participate on your forum.

2. Most advertisers don't want their brands to be connected with or seen alongside adult content. So if your forum contains adult content it will be hard - if not impossible - to attract advertisers.

I think a lot of it will be the honor system. We do not know as forum owners who is and isn't an adult. I'd rather just not have an adult section in general as to avoid a minor getting access to this forum/subforum. As said above, you also can easily lie about your age.

Internet Arthur GIF
Falsification of age is one of the biggest challenges of setting up an adult section on the forum. It is something that will take time such as using identity cards to join the section.

Everyone lies from time to time though.
That can actually be checked. There was a time I was on Bizdustry, we had to verify our identity by submitting our valid documents which will clarify our age and other details. I believe that can and should be used in admitting new members into the section.

That can actually be checked. There was a time I was on Bizdustry, we had to verify our identity by submitting our valid documents which will clarify our age and other details. I believe that can and should be used in admitting new members into the section.
I feel like the bad thing is about doing this is what happens after they submit their ID or verify their age? Does the entire convo, image, etc get wiped from the server? I feel there's security and possibly safety concerns with this.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds