Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Admin Surprise Gift

Sam1

Mythical member
Website
holderhost.com
Credits
If you have been a staff member on a forum has the owner or an admin ever given you a supprise gift? It seems like a nice idea to recognize to work staff do.

Advertisement Placeholder
I've never really gotten anything, most of the time the sites have been under a tight budget so for the admins to give me a gift wasn't really an option, even if they really wanted too.. I don't mind, I love offering up my services to mates!

I was an admin on a network of sites that was mentioned by the games developer (Rockstar) as being one of the best news sites on the internet, the admin of that site was constantly being given gifts from Rockstar about upcoming games, was even flown from NY to LA for a secret event for LA Noire. I was the admin of the Call of Duty site though and well, never really got any recognition, from the developers or from the network admin. The Rockstar site got an updated theme and then it took 1.5 years for the Call of Duty site to get a theme update, and well it wasn't even completed. Lets just say that in the end after working hard on trying to get the site recognised, I gave up with little or no recognition from anyone.

I was an admin on a network of sites that was mentioned by the games developer (Rockstar) as being one of the best news sites on the internet, the admin of that site was constantly being given gifts from Rockstar about upcoming games, was even flown from NY to LA for a secret event for LA Noire. I was the admin of the Call of Duty site though and well, never really got any recognition, from the developers or from the network admin. The Rockstar site got an updated theme and then it took 1.5 years for the Call of Duty site to get a theme update, and well it wasn't even completed. Lets just say that in the end after working hard on trying to get the site recognised, I gave up with little or no recognition from anyone.
Well, the sole motivation should not be to get recognised. I can understand where you are coming from though. May I ask what this website was?

As for me, I have never really been "gifted" lol. I usually would have been the one gifting :p

Well, the sole motivation should not be to get recognised. I can understand where you are coming from though. May I ask what this website was?

As for me, I have never really been "gifted" lol. I usually would have been the one gifting :p
But all I really wanted was for my site to be seen the same from the owner as the other. My site was a call of duty site but when the new theme was published on a lot of pages it had Counter Strike images... And when I told the owner about it he just said I should be happy the theme got updated.

The site was callofdutydb.com and the network of sites was multiplayernetwork.net

But all I really wanted was for my site to be seen the same from the owner as the other. My site was a call of duty site but when the new theme was published on a lot of pages it had Counter Strike images... And when I told the owner about it he just said I should be happy the theme got updated.

The site was callofdutydb.com and the network of sites was multiplayernetwork.net
Where you able to separate from the "network" ?

Where you able to separate from the "network" ?
By that do you mean not be apart of the network anymore? Not really, I was the runner of the Call of Duty site, however the owner of the network was still in control of it. The domain is now available though, I would have purchased it, however there are so many Call of Duty sites around that have much better connections and such.

By that do you mean not be apart of the network anymore? Not really, I was the runner of the Call of Duty site, however the owner of the network was still in control of it. The domain is now available though, I would have purchased it, however there are so many Call of Duty sites around that have much better connections and such.
Ahhh, so he owned the forum and you where just "admining" it in a way? Okay I get it. Shame really. But it's usually how it is done. That's how I did it for my old network before I had to sell it off. If people came to me with their ideas and wanted me to invest in it, it was in my name / the networks name while they managed it.

Ahhh, so he owned the forum and you where just "admining" it in a way? Okay I get it. Shame really. But it's usually how it is done. That's how I did it for my old network before I had to sell it off. If people came to me with their ideas and wanted me to invest in it, it was in my name / the networks name while they managed it.
Yeah he owned all of the sites and I was just practically running the site, keeping it up to date with news, mods, files etc.

I have never received a surprise gift, although I am sure it would have been nice to receive such gift.

As an admin, I may give my staffs surprise gifts.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds