Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Ad Blockers

Joshua Farrell

Captain Junkie
Credits
For those who have advertising on their forums or sites, can you tell when someone is using an adblocker, compared to how much you are earning? And if you had to take a guess, how much of your pageview count do you think is through an ad blocker, thus preventing earnings from the ads?

Advertisement Placeholder
For those who have advertising on their forums or sites, can you tell when someone is using an adblocker, compared to how much you are earning? And if you had to take a guess, how much of your pageview count do you think is through an ad blocker, thus preventing earnings from the ads?

Joshua, I think there are many websites that have some sort of coding installed on their website that asks user to disable their adblockers if they want to use the website. Through this way, many people make sure that only those people would use their website who have their adblockers disabled and the website owners can earn more money. I have never owned a website, however, there is some evidence that shows that a large group of people use Adblockers.

I think reminding people to disable ad blocker to use the website is a good way to recover the potential loss due to ad blockers. However, I have never done this on my website. People do use ad blockers, but I guess most people block only intrusive ads like pop up ads.

Out of all the websites that I have visited almost all of them have a program that let people to know that they should disable their ad blocker so as the website can continue offering their free service to the visitors of the website.

Having a reminder will work only for the regular visitors, posters and subscribers. Why would new visitors disable the ad blocks just because you have reminded them to do so.

It will be very hard to tell if someone was using an AdBlock on your website except you are very good techwise to develop something that can spot it for you

It might not be that easy to tell, but i think most sites have some features whereby you won't be able to do anything until you have removed your ad blocker. I once went too a site to download some anime, and the ads where just too much. Every click i made always carries me to somewhere else.i decided to 0ut on my ad blocker but i found out i could not go to the download page. I was sent a notification to put if off then refresh

I don't have any ads on my sites but I'd imagine in the grand schemes of things ad blockers don't account for that much traffic. I don't feel like ad blockers are as popular as some may think. It depends on how sophisticated the adblocker is as well as to whether it can go undetected. A lot of ad scripts are getting really good at spotting them.

I don't know whether there is a way to know but I am certain that there is a software that people normally install and once a user logs in with adblocker , he will be notified that the site doesn't support it. He will be denied access to the site

Though there is a way that you can detect, of what help would it be, instead you should just tell them to switch it off because most block pop ups.

I don’t really like seeing ad on the other people’s website and some website owners have designed their site such that you can disable any ad that want to be showing up on the site which is really good

I think reminding people to disable ad blocker to use the website is a good way to recover the potential loss due to ad blockers. However, I have never done this on my website. People do use ad blockers, but I guess most people block only intrusive ads like pop up ads.

Mostly faucet sites ask its users to switch off the ad blackers but I believe there is nothing wrong in asking people to stop ad blocker if they want to read the content of your website. You deserve to earn money from ads as you are providing people with free content.

Out of all the websites that I have visited almost all of them have a program that let people to know that they should disable their ad blocker so as the website can continue offering their free service to the visitors of the website.
That is just what the website can do running of the ad is very important like that because most web browser application have auto off as that wouldn't enable them run ads.

That is just what the website can do running of the ad is very important like that because most web browser application have auto off as that wouldn't enable them run ads.

There was a time when there were no ad blockers and website owners earned a lot during that time. However, now the situation is quite different. Right now, it has become a job for many advertising networks to procide Anti Adblockers, so that even advertising networks can stop people from using ad blockers.

It is better to disable ad blocker because it will make so many investors to lose huge amount on their advertisement on the network provider.

It will be very hard to tell if someone was using an AdBlock on your website except you are very good techwise to develop something that can spot it for you
I think that was then. Now almost all website you visit will ask you to deactivate your adblocker so they could offer they ads and gain the revenue

Some of this advertisement can be so intrusive today instead of even covering up some important content on the website that you were reading and so I always get angry with any website that tells me to disable advert blocker.

Some of this advertisement can be so intrusive today instead of even covering up some important content on the website that you were reading and so I always get angry with any website that tells me to disable advert blocker.
I usually get upset too whenever I visited a site and the ads would just and just have to leave but now I understand and believe I can do the next paper.

Actually alot of websites won't even give you access or should I say it's the browser that does that they won't allow you into those sites without you disabling ad blocker.

I usually get upset too whenever I visited a site and the ads would just and just have to leave but now I understand and believe I can do the next paper.
Such kinds of website actually get me pissed off too but in a situation whereby it's a necessity for me to access the website I will have no choice but to keep on visiting the website and by clicking on the council for any adverts that comes up.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds