Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Abruptly deleting a forum?

Advertisement Placeholder
I was once part of a forum where you go to buy forums and other discuss about other webmaster related issues and after a few months they just shut it all down.

I didn't feel bad about it but it I was hoping that they lasted a lot more longer than they actually did.

I was once part of a forum that had been around for quite a while and they were thriving with constant activity and had a great community of members one day, I went to log on and they were gone, the forum was no longer there and I was just getting an error. I kept checking every day after that a few times a day just in case it was an issue but it seemed that they just upped and deleted everything without warning or a goodbye. It's a shame when that happens but I believe they must have had a reason to do that especially with it being as active as it was.

Have you ever been a member of a forum that's abruptly deleted all of their content before? How do you feel when the site owner just says "goodbye" and doesn't give any advance warning whatsoever?
Unfortunately, I have been on more than one forum that have done something dumb like this. I felt really bad because there's nothing like an update and boom, everything is gone up in smoke.

I have also been in forums that automatically went offline without ever notice and never came back. One of such forums that I was in used to be a PTP site.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds