Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

A colleague who sleeps and snors at work?

Credits
There's nothing that I haven't seen at my previous workplace. I'm always accommodating when it comes to some people's behaviour because I know that some people really need to be tolerated otherwise it's going to be very difficult for you to have anything in common with them. I had this colleague who sits beside me that's always of the habit of sleeping on duty and to make it worse, he also snors when sleeping. It's usually a comedy session for me every day at work 😂.

Advertisement Placeholder
There's nothing that I haven't seen at my previous workplace. I'm always accommodating when it comes to some people's behaviour because I know that some people really need to be tolerated otherwise it's going to be very difficult for you to have anything in common with them. I had this colleague who sits beside me that's always of the habit of sleeping on duty and to make it worse, he also snors when sleeping. It's usually a comedy session for me every day at work 😂.

I know that workplaces may never allow someone to sleep at work. We visit workplaces so that we may work and earn money. We do not come to workplaces to take a nap. However, we are humans and if we work a lot, then we may get tired and we may fall sleep occasionally. If this happens, the an employee may take a leave and come the next day.

Wake him/her up. Employees should not be sleeping on the job, and if they are, that is potential grounds for a firing. I have never slept at work unless my work was already wrapped up and done. But if you end up sleeping on the job, that's on you to correct. If a co-worker is doing it, speak out to them, let them know they need to cut it out, otherwise you'll bring it up with management.

I'm sorry, even if it's a friend of mine, I'd let them know. Because it's not fair you get to sleep during your work day while I'm up busting my butt trying to get my work done.

Wake him/her up. Employees should not be sleeping on the job, and if they are, that is potential grounds for a firing. I have never slept at work unless my work was already wrapped up and done. But if you end up sleeping on the job, that's on you to correct. If a co-worker is doing it, speak out to them, let them know they need to cut it out, otherwise you'll bring it up with management.

I'm sorry, even if it's a friend of mine, I'd let them know. Because it's not fair you get to sleep during your work day while I'm up busting my butt trying to get my work done.

It is definitely the right thing to do to wake them up because it is not befitting for the company that they are sleeping on duty when they are supposed to be working because in the end they are still going to get their salary paid to them for not doing anything but sleeping when they are supposed to be on duty.

I realize that working environments might in all likelihood never permit somebody to rest at work. We visit work environments so we might work and bring in cash. We don't come to working environments to sleep. In any case, we are people and in the event that we work a great deal, we might get drained and we might fall rest periodically.

It is definitely the right thing to do to wake them up because it is not befitting for the company that they are sleeping on duty when they are supposed to be working because in the end they are still going to get their salary paid to them for not doing anything but sleeping when they are supposed to be on duty.

I am sure that many employees understand this issue and not all the employees tend to sleep all the time while they are at work. So, I do not think that this is something employers deal with every day. However, occasionally an employee may fall sleep.

I can't deal with a colleague sleeping at work. I mean, what is the reason anyone would think of sleeping at the workplace? When you add one of snoring, then it is a good reason to report to management. I can't deal with such at all.

I can't deal with a colleague sleeping at work. I mean, what is the reason anyone would think of sleeping at the workplace? When you add one of snoring, then it is a good reason to report to management. I can't deal with such at all.

Seriously, it is something that is never going to benefit the business at all when the employees are sleeping when they are supposed to be working.

This is something that is going to affect the workers output and also affect the profit-making margin of the business. No business owner is going to allow this kind of thing to keep happening in his business.

I have never experienced this myself. I think it is very common for many people to fall asleep at work. Many people develop a habit. Snoring could make matters even worse, as many people could also get disturbed and they may inform the boss about it. Your boss may take a strict action against you.

I can't say myself I have ever experienced anyone falling asleep at work but I do know that some do it.

A security guard we used to know through a used-to-be friend of my daughter used to brag about how he would sit in the back and sleep. Thought that was quite bad being he was a security guard, to be honest, but it turned out it was true and he used to snore from what those who worked there had said.

I personally feel, that if someone is falling asleep on the job, they should not be in that job, unless of course there is a genuine reason why they may have fallen asleep such as illness or maybe lack of sleep the night before due to issues.

I am quite sure people who sleep at workplaces have a really bad routine and this is due to many reasons. They may be previously working at a workplace where they are required to work at night and this is why they may not be able to stay awake when they join a new company.

I am quite sure people who sleep at workplaces have a really bad routine and this is due to many reasons. They may be previously working at a workplace where they are required to work at night and this is why they may not be able to stay awake when they join a new company.

What I also suspect is that they may not be getting enough sleep at night as well. This is a big challenge, and until they find a solution to it, it is not going to stop at all. Maybe issuing a query to such staff member will make them think deep on it.

I have never come across a colleague who slept in workplace and also snored. However, when I was working as a manager in the store, and when I was alone in the store and when there were no customers, I used to take afternoon nap. I was even caught napping my customers a couple of times. However, I was in full control of the workplace and did not encounter any problems.

What I also suspect is that they may not be getting enough sleep at night as well. This is a big challenge, and until they find a solution to it, it is not going to stop at all. Maybe issuing a query to such staff member will make them think deep on it.

They may be sleeping very late and they may be arriving at work very early. This is a very common problem in many places. The fact remains that people are not taking good care of themselves. When they suffer from sleep deprivation, they tend to face such kind of problems.

No, I haven't come across a colleague who slept and snored at our workplace. If it happened any colleague whom I'm working with does that, I will try talking with him to stop it and take care of whatever is making him come to work and sleep snores. If he doesn't work on himself, I will report him.

Well its not seems to be not good really awkward to sleep or snors on duty instead of focusing on work because its unethical not to work in office honestly because it's necessary to work hardly or badly to achieve something in your life

No, I haven't come across a colleague who slept and snored at our workplace. If it happened any colleague whom I'm working with does that, I will try talking with him to stop it and take care of whatever is making him come to work and sleep snores. If he doesn't work on himself, I will report him.

Talking with the colleague should be the first step to make. I mean that it is necessary since you would want to give them an opportunity to stop before you decide on whether it is best to report to the management at work.

Well its not seems to be not good really awkward to sleep or snors on duty instead of focusing on work because its unethical not to work in office honestly because it's necessary to work hardly or badly to achieve something in your life

No one should be sleeping at work as far as I'm concerned nor to even talk about snoring at it. This is completely wrong. Others will be working but another person will be sleeping to the extent of snoring. People really need to fix themselves up or they will end up losing their job.

Talking with the colleague should be the first step to make. I mean that it is necessary since you would want to give them an opportunity to stop before you decide on whether it is best to report to the management at work.

I will never be too quick in putting any of my work colleagues in a position where their job will be in jeopardy. I will first use a civil means to resolve the problem, but it's when this means fails, I will seek out the higher management's involvement.

We had one guy that only lasted 3 weeks. Why? He kept falling asleep. He said he had insomnia but we come to find out, he had a drinking problem and would hardly sleep at night. He was out drinking most evenings.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds