Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

5 Simple Rules of Starting-up.

If you are thinking of a creating a start-up - let me save you years of aggravation and money wasted with 5 simple rules:

1. Do NOT start with the solution - start with the problem - solutions come from problems - not the other way around. People pay money for solutions to their problems, not your solution to something that is not a problem for them.
  2. The answer is always "why" - every aspect of your service, website, call-to-actions, pricing page - you need to have a written definition of 'why' for every aspect of your service in order to be optimised and successful. If you don't have reasons "why" for any part of your service - you will not be effective in serving your customer and fail.
  3. Define your target market by describing who the person is, and where they are in their daily journey. You need to find a way to deliver your solution to them right there and then - map out their discovery process and how they will find you.
  4. KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid. Less is more. People take the shortest path to get to a goal. Make it easy for them. REALLY easy.
  5. [Golden Rule] - You want something in life? You give it. You get what you give. Always be giving - it comes back.
Have anything to add?
The rules and guidelines writing out in this article is the best I guess,so we all should all try out possible best to make use of it when starting up a business because am very sure it will help at the end.

Advertisement Placeholder
Most of the rules for start-up in your business that you need to know before starting a particular business is knowing the purpose of the business having the required capital knowing your consumers and also checking market proximity.
Well said, capital is the driving force and it is important. I don't understand what you mean by market proximity, do you mean the startup has to be close to a major market or the business has to be located where their target audience is located.

Well said, really informative too and concise, and I agree too because when starting anything it's important to know and understand the why because that would drive you

Well said, really informative too and concise, and I agree too because when starting anything it's important to know and understand the why because that would drive you

Seriously, the information presented in the write up is very important for a lot of people who are actually currently looking for such tips that would be very helpful for them.

Ok what of people that are finding it difficult and discouraging to start up a business, what advice do you have for them because to me its difficult to start up a business because I think the business I am about to go into may not succeed and I will lose all my money.

That's a very fair and credible input I must confess. A startup that is out to solve a problem is a very good one to see and get viable customers on time

That's a very fair and credible input I must confess. A startup that is out to solve a problem is a very good one to see and get viable customers on time

Every single kind of business is actually set up to meet the needs of customers because all businesses exist for their prospective customers as without them, the business is dead.

If starting up is as in business start up I think you need to do a lot of research on products and the do a research on the market. If you start with researching on product and market, you are likely to fail.

Great insights my friend. I Feel most startups don't put a lot of things into consideration. That is why they bail out within the first year.

Simple rules of starting up your business are: make sure your passion is defined, do a feasibility study, make out your business plan, reach out to where your funds for capital is and fix up the biz.

I will have two very much agree with this because it is very important that you should have a problem that you will want to solve for people first before you will look for how to take money from them.

If you are thinking of a creating a start-up - let me save you years of aggravation and money wasted with 5 simple rules:

1. Do NOT start with the solution - start with the problem - solutions come from problems - not the other way around. People pay money for solutions to their problems, not your solution to something that is not a problem for them.
  2. The answer is always "why" - every aspect of your service, website, call-to-actions, pricing page - you need to have a written definition of 'why' for every aspect of your service in order to be optimised and successful. If you don't have reasons "why" for any part of your service - you will not be effective in serving your customer and fail.
  3. Define your target market by describing who the person is, and where they are in their daily journey. You need to find a way to deliver your solution to them right there and then - map out their discovery process and how they will find you.
  4. KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid. Less is more. People take the shortest path to get to a goal. Make it easy for them. REALLY easy.
  5. [Golden Rule] - You want something in life? You give it. You get what you give. Always be giving - it comes back.
Have anything to add?
With your first point, I am of the opinion that businesses are started with solutions to problem at the heart of this main purpose of starting up a business because once you solve people's problem then automatically you will get paid for it.

Have anything to add?
Without a Problem, there cannot be a solution, so its better to start with a problem and look for a solution to the problem, there are many people that have the ability to provide solution to such issue.

If starting up is as in business start up I think you need to do a lot of research on products and the do a research on the market. If you start with researching on product and market, you are likely to fail.

Exactly, if you don't know much about the business that you are going until you are definitely going to suffer in the end because you will not be able to face the challenges that comes to it.

There are some general rules of starting a business and there are some rules that we all need to create besd and the type of business we are going into research is very important and that is the first thing every business owner must do.

Starting up you'll need to put certain things in place like the plans carrying the budget for the business, location and funds to enhance it.

Find your product and market fit,see to business values, have a mission, communicate, focus on your customers and know how to say yes/no

The first rule if effective planning. The second rule is avoid excessive spending, resort to using a scale of preference. Try to avoid taking loan with high yielding interest and make the potential location a priority.

Have anything to add?
To start up a venture, get to know the rudiments of the venture, create budget, analyse location and target market.
Start up and avoid incurring debts.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds