Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

43% of all Web Traffic is from Chrome

JLogan

Legendary member
Website
www.clickreadshare.com
Credits
EMPIRES rise and fall swiftly on the internet. Google’s Chrome browser, which celebrates its fifth birthday next month, has captured much of the territory of older browsers and is now responsible for about 43% of all the web traffic generated by the world’s desktop computers. When Chrome was launched the dominant browser was Microsoft’s Internet Explorer (IE), with a 68% share—it is now down to just 25%.

We can't deny that chrome is pretty fuckin awesome. Are you using chrome?

http://www.economist.com/news/busin...rules-web?fsrc=scn/tw/te/pe/chromerulestheweb

Advertisement Placeholder
I only use Chromium to test my site(s), not for browsing.
Ice Weasel and Konqueror (the first "webkit") are my primary browsers.
I've also been known to use Midori from time to time.

I believe Konqueror, rivals Chrome performance as they both use a similar "webkit" core, but Konqueror offers way more functionality!!
Ice Weasel being my main browser, I have noticed some sites load much faster on a webkit based browser, while other sites much slower.

I use Chrome all the time, mostly because I find it much faster than Firefox or Internet Explorer. It's much more comfortable and enjoyable to use the web, when the websites you are visiting load quickly.

I use Chrome all the time, mostly because I find it much faster than Firefox or Internet Explorer. It's much more comfortable and enjoyable to use the web, when the websites you are visiting load quickly.

Not to mention load nicely. Chrome is a much better browser to code for than IE. IE still has yet to implement a lot of things which css3 can now do.

Is this combining mobile and desktop? If so, I am not surprised at all with the proliferation of Android devices on the market these days. Also the sluggish sales of Windows 8 and the increasing Apple user base is adding to this.

I love Chome on my desktop. I don't have much of an opinion of it on Android since I hate browsing on my smart phone (it always crashes).

I'm just glad IE8 is finally going away. Google recently announced they would no longer support it for Google Analytics by the end of the year.

Really? That is some unbelievable fact, I thought the maximum it could go for one browser is upto 25%, but that is really amazing. I am using it for a year now, before that I was a constant FireFox user.

Chrome is definitely quite awesome. It is definitely the fastest browser I have used in my life.

I am another Chrome user! I have used Internet Explorer and Mozilla but once I switched to Chrome I never went back.

Chrome depletes your battery life by much as 25%. Google has even admitted to this and states they are working on a fix.

I've always noticed the battery drain with Chrome. But FireFox isn't so bad. I think IE might be the lightest on your battery though.

Not exactly. If I needed do lookup something while traveling, I'd rather save the battery than use the cosmetics of Chrome.

... Or, you could just use Opera and have the greatness of WebKit and the battery life of IE. ;)

In all honesty, Chrome gives each tab and each extension its own CPU process, in addition to each GPU process. That way, if one thing crashes, the entire browser doesn't crash ... *looks at Firefox*

I only have to load two tabs in Firefox before it stops responding. :wall: It's a nice browser, but flawed.

... Or, you could just use Opera and have the greatness of WebKit and the battery life of IE. :wink:

In all honesty, Chrome gives each tab and each extension its own CPU process, in addition to each GPU process. That way, if one thing crashes, the entire browser doesn't crash ... *looks at Firefox*

I only have to load two tabs in Firefox before it stops responding. :wall: It's a nice browser, but flawed.
I've actually tested Opera. Opera had its bugs in the past. While I haven't tested it recently, I did encounter several blurry webpages when I used Opera. "Opera Turbo" had even more bugs.

Firefox is working on an implementation of Sandbox, whilst also working on a new rendering engine. It not only appears to be promising, but can address some of the security issues that we've seen on browsers. :p As far as android is concerned, Firefox has a better battery life. The loading is noticeably faster too.

I've actually tested Opera. Opera had its bugs in the past. While I haven't tested it recently, I did encounter several blurry webpages when I used Opera. "Opera Turbo" had even more bugs.

Firefox is working on an implementation of Sandbox, whilst also working on a new rendering engine. It not only appears to be promising, but can address some of the security issues that we've seen on browsers. :p As far as android is concerned, Firefox has a better battery life. The loading is noticeably faster too.

You will like the latest versions. Opera did away with Presto and now uses Blink, like Chrome. As a result, HTML5 and CSS3 support is among the best available, and they put Safari very much behind.

In regards to Android, I use Opera by choice. Chrome is only used when apps open it automatically. Firefox is hardly ever used.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds