Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

4 Things People Never Tell You About Blogging

JLogan

Legendary member
Website
www.clickreadshare.com
Credits
photo_men.jpg
Bloggers like to talk about all the positive aspects of blogging, but nobody really talks about the negative sides. There's a lot of work when it comes to blogging, and it can lead to some pretty heavy moments in life. So, today I'm going to talk about some of the heavy hitting, negative aspects of blogging.

It's Frustrating

Whether it comes down to trying to become #1 for a keyword, or your blogging platform running into errors; Blogging can become frustrating. People like to make it sound easy, but it's actually pretty hard; You'll encounter rough spots that will just make you want to pull your hair out.

It's Extremely Time Consuming

Unless you have a team of writers or a relaxed posting schedule, then you'll spend countless hours writing up content for your blog. As well as trying to write content, you'll have to work on SEO and social media. It sounds extremely easy when you write in words, but once you dive into that world you'll see how much of a challenge that it can actually become.

There's No Instant Revenue

Everyone likes to make it sound like your blog is going to be making thousands of dollars a day in almost no time. This is far from the truth, it takes time and plenty of concentration to reach this point. It can take a year or so before you even start earning revenue that is worth mentioning.

You Can Become Disappointed and Possibly Depressed

When it comes to blogging, there is a lot of things that you might not be able to achieve when you want to. This can lead to you being disappointed with your work, or possibly even lead to depression. As proud as I am of my blog, there has been moments where I've had my moments of disappointment. Still, the best thing you can do is push on and continue working.

There is a lot of work when it comes to blogging, and don't let people let you think that it's all easy. Blogging can have its negative aspects, which could lead to you being overworked, frustrated or even depressed. Still, you have to push through these struggles and continue with your work. These challenges exist, but there is no reason you can't get passed them. What are your thoughts?

Image Source: http://www.transformationlifecoaching.com/wp-content/themes/tlc/images/photo_men.jpg

Advertisement Placeholder
Nicely written!
Blogging is difficult and time cconsuming but seriously entertaining!
So if you do it the right way and if the topic really interests you, you're gonna succeed!

I've got to disagree about it being frustrating. If it is indeed frustrating for you, then you're obviously blogging about things you don't care about.

If you enjoy certain interests and blog about that, then you should find it quite interesting. Maybe it takes up an hour or so but it shouldn't be tiring and burdensome on you. Otherwise, you're doing it all wrong.

Blogging is not fast but if you not ask for too much and are realist, you can realize a lot and blogging. As long as you do not believe that first year billing will be the same as the others years; as long as you don't trust quick cash the first day (it is possible for experienced users who build the site before launch and promote affiliate products)! So, it is a world where everyone can be; it becomes difficult that everyone win!

I fell for the making money idea! I thought it would be easy to start earning money but after about half a year, I am only earning cents. However, my traffic is slowly but steadily increasing so hopefully this part won't stop!

I fell for the making money idea! I thought it would be easy to start earning money but after about half a year, I am only earning cents. However, my traffic is slowly but steadily increasing so hopefully this part won't stop!
Yes, that is why a lot of people actually start websites to begin with to only have them be put down a few months later. It is a real shame to be honest.

People have to understand that starting a blog wont make you thousands when you start. In fact, you will probably be spending more money then you will be getting from it for a while.

Blogging is an awesome opportunity. It allows you to make tons of money passively on long term if you use the right method. The bad thing is that it is possible to everyone to start a blog; but not everyone are expert! So, most of the blog fail because they thought it is a quick rich scheme. I agree with Jordan; it is a real shame when someone don't keep blogging because of inexperience.

This article really hit close to home for me. I tried doing a blog in the past and it just became very frustrating because I wasn't getting the results from it I wanted. It is very time consuming and it can be depressing when you put your heart and soul into something like that and it isn't received the way you want it to be. It's refreshing to know that others feel this way as well.

That is so true! They don't tell you a lot of things. It is time-consuming and I think the Social Media is 80% of Blogging now. They don't tell you how important engagement with other bloggers is or how it's really a community effort. You really have to love it because it takes time, I read it takes at least two years to be successful blogging.

So accurate. Most people realize that too late, and ultimately decide to give up because of this: any aspiring blogger should know this to prepare himself/herself.
However, I'd say that an effective way to defeat time restraints is to follow a schedule well in advance, so that, even if you have some unexpected issues, you'll still be able to provide content. I've found this also greatly reduces stress and makes working on your blog much more relaxing, especially if you enjoy what you're doing.
Blogging is much closer to a job than most people make it to be, and should be treated as one.

You really have to love writing to be a good blogger, and research is a must most people don’t understand that when they start, I don’t make a ton of money but I enjoy it and my followers are slowly coming up in numbers. Unless lots of people know you before you start or your famous it takes time to really do well.

So accurate. Most people realize that too late, and ultimately decide to give up because of this: any aspiring blogger should know this to prepare himself/herself.
However, I'd say that an effective way to defeat time restraints is to follow a schedule well in advance, so that, even if you have some unexpected issues, you'll still be able to provide content. I've found this also greatly reduces stress and makes working on your blog much more relaxing, especially if you enjoy what you're doing.
Blogging is much closer to a job than most people make it to be, and should be treated as one.

Blogging IS a job for many people.

I did it for a few years and as much as I loved doing it from home, I had to take myself out to lunch almost every day just to see and interact with real people.

I would literally go to the super market, order a sandwich, and just sit by myself eating to get myself OUT of the house.

Would've loved to go to an office with friends and work from there, but none of my friends are into the same career as I am.

Blogging IS a job for many people.

I did it for a few years and as much as I loved doing it from home, I had to take myself out to lunch almost every day just to see and interact with real people.

I would literally go to the super market, order a sandwich, and just sit by myself eating to get myself OUT of the house.

Would've loved to go to an office with friends and work from there, but none of my friends are into the same career as I am.

Whoa, as a stay-at-home type, that sounds awesome. I admire your dedication, I probably would not be able to keep up with that pace for two years.
Even if you don't have friends interested in a similar career, have you ever thought about finding other fellow bloggers near you? I'm sure you'll find many of them if you live in a big city. You could also help more people getting started in this career and teach them. There are just so many possibilities (implying you're still interested in blogging).

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 22 81.5%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds