Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

wpForo

Advertisement Placeholder
It's pretty cool and modern and Wordpress tends to be 'bulletproof' most of the times. But I have never considered to build a forum on Wordpress. It's nice if you have a steady blog and want to increase engagement with existing users on your site without them having to register on something new though.

Why not run WordPress and then a forum script with a bridge? They typically offer the best of both worlds.
I would also suggest this way. It would be the best of both worlds. And it just happens we have the best developer on board for this. @kolakube :D so feel free to enlight us once more on this matter!

You also maybe able to easily have it post threads if you do a new blog post too. It'd be great for that, perhaps. It looks good, and something I would maybe consider if I did ever do a blog and wanted a forum.

I think this forum plugin is great if you have a blog as your main website and want a forum around the blog.

That is definitely an idea. But it's still a good plugin for people who just want to use one database.
The fun part of having two databases is you can fully utilize the best parts of each software and cross them over when needed. Of course, a few workflow adjustments need to be made so editing a user in one place doesn't leave the other user out of date, or at least not too out of date that the user experience is negatively affected.

I would also suggest this way. It would be the best of both worlds. And it just happens we have the best developer on board for this. @kolakube :D so feel free to enlight us once more on this matter!
Heh, I don't want to de-rail this thread too much but I do think this looks good if you want a simple forum that is more advanced than bbPress. I think XF is more mature and capable so I trust it more in the long run.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 22 81.5%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds