Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Favourite Free Hosts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naiwen

Reputable member
Credits
SMF, MyBB, Proboards and Create a forum for me personally at least anyways.

Advertisement Placeholder
To expand the list a bit:

SMF, phpBB, MyBB - free forum systems you can drop into your own server
CreateAForum, SMF4Free, Forumotion - hosts that will install an existing forum platform to their server (e.g. in Forumotion's case you can pick which one you want)
Jcink, ProBoards - free hosting that just gives you what you get, which isn't an off the shelf platform that's a little customised, but very heavily their own thing

As someone who was a contributor to SMF, it does bug me that people mix the two up but I get how it happens. It's particularly frustrating if you're working on something and you're trying to break into the established market, as it were, of a crowd of people who have absolutely ingrained the idea that the platform and the hosting are the same (a la Jcink and ProBoards)

Do you mean XF Cloud? Or XF the forum platform? The two are not the same.

Do you mean XF Cloud? Or XF the forum platform? The two are not the same.
Yep. I do mean their hosting service.

I just personally hate IPB's hosting service. That's it, that's all at least for me personally anyways.

As in IPS cloud? Or are you thinking of Jcink which has Invision Power copyrights but is 20 years older than the current IPS cloud?

What don't you like about it?

OK, so what do you like about XF Cloud over other hosted services (such as ProBoards)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 22 81.5%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds