Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Buying and Selling Forums

Nomad

Service Team
Service Team
Thread Starter Posting Machine 1-Year Membership Webmaster
Credits
I have once bought a forum and I have also sold a form once. Have you tried buying and selling forums? Did you spend a lot of money when you bought the forum? Did you make a lot of money by selling forum. I spent just about $70 to buy a forum. But when I sold my forums, I sold it for $600 (it was not the forum I bought).

Advertisement Placeholder
I have never bought or sold a forum, however, I have seen a lot of people buying and selling forums. Even the admin of our beloved forum FE acquired two forums and merged with this one. I think it can be a profitable venture.

When you buy a forum, it's not about spending a lot of money. It's about a fair valuation of the forum, which can be very hard when it's not monetized.

When it's monetized, the calculation is easy. You normally pay for 2 - 3 years of net revenue, which is the proper method for online businesses.

When it's not monetized, the calculation is much harder. It's usually a hazy compromise

The one that I sold was monetized, so it was easier for me to set a price. The one I bought was also monetized but the earning was very small so setting a price based on revenue was very difficult. I decided to price based on the number of content and the quality of the content. The price of a forum also depends on how much you can rope in.

Most buyers judge a forum by revenue generated or activity. That's the practical side of it. People spend money to win it back. So there should be metrics that support this act.

I never sold or purchased a forum before. I don't have the money to purchase forums, and I don't really want to sell any of my current ones. Most people look at activity or if it's a legacy community that's old, then more people might want to buy it. If you just made a forum and are looking to sell it, I doubt anyone would pay for it.

Starting a forum from scratch is certainly nice because you will be tending your own baby. However, if you have funds buying a functional forum can also help quickly started. You can even start earning immediately by monetizing it. Starting from zero and building members and activities take a long time

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 22 81.5%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds