Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Your forum name

Martee

Mythical member
Credits
How long did it take you to come up with site/blog/forum name? On my old site which was called 'Student Hangout' it took me a few minutes actually. I just thought that its a site about students and a place for them to hangout and then it hit me. Haha.

What about you?

Advertisement Placeholder
coming up with names is not too bad - finding a name that has not already been taken as a domain is another thing altogether.

i have just redirected my name servers - when it has propagated properly i will let people know my domain and they can comment

right well the domain has propagated - however it is only showing the hosts standard page so dont look at it lol.

the name is adifferentopinion - and the domain a dot net - which i think covers the intent perfectly as it a general debate forum for people express different opinions

Sam, come on down and tell us. :p

Hmm, thats quite a good name you got there Flame. I love a good debate myself so I may pop over and participate when you get it going.

the more the merrier. i am hoping to get a large chunk of ex posters back but i want to attract plenty of new faces first to give it a kick start

Mine fairly easy I want to call it Promotional Zone but then thought how could I make the members feel like there are apart of the forum.So I came up with My promotional Zone. When I did the domain name I wanted something short and memorable so mympz came into play.

I'm here! Well the idea for webgurubb was really based on a few things:

- It was short.
-It was different.
- It was memorable.
- It had the .com available, I know people like .net and it doesn't really matter for a forum But I thought that having the .com would be the best.
-I was able to get webgurudir.com and webgurublog.org.

i would have liked the .com but i was awarded the .net domain free on forumotion and when i investigated the cost of the .com one it was a lot lot more expensive. if the .net one does ok i might spend the money anyway just to secure it sort of thing but i am nowhere near that yet

i would have liked the .com but i was awarded the .net domain free on forumotion and when i investigated the cost of the .com one it was a lot lot more expensive. if the .net one does ok i might spend the money anyway just to secure it sort of thing but i am nowhere near that yet

Well according to copyright laws, no one can use the .com if they're going to be running something very similar to what you are doing..... .net can be a very nice domain too... :)

well i think .net is nice and global especially for english speaking countries.

anyway i have put up a custom front page and 404 page so if anyone looking for the old forum does visit they can see its not totally dead

tomorrow i install mybb and start playing with the controls and then look at customising the appearance

well i think .net is nice and global especially for english speaking countries.

anyway i have put up a custom front page and 404 page so if anyone looking for the old forum does visit they can see its not totally dead

tomorrow i install mybb and start playing with the controls and then look at customising the appearance

Sounds good. I offered to buy someone a .com or .net or .org, they choose the .net because it actually sounded better...

I'm here! Well the idea for webgurubb was really based on a few things:

- It was short.
-It was different.
- It was memorable.
- It had the .com available, I know people like .net and it doesn't really matter for a forum But I thought that having the .com would be the best.
-I was able to get webgurudir.com and webgurublog.org.

Good answer there, I can see where you're coming from anyway. Definitely is a short name and it is different from the rest of the forums I've seen around. Especially getting the dir and blog sites are a bonus! I just wanna know, where did you get the 'BB' idea from?

Pretty much- BB (bulletin board) is shorter than saying forum whilst meaning the same thing. I don't think WebGuruForum would have the same ring to it as WebGurubb... :)

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 77.4%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds