Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Your First Website

Hans Adams

Website
hansadams.com
Credits
What kind of website did you start with? Was it a blog? Was it a forum? What kind of troubles did you have when you first started up?

For me, I didn't really understand how to build up a proper website. I started of creating a blog on Blogger. Most thing were done for me and I just had to post. My content was bad and I just had the default theme as I didn't understand what HTML was at the time.

Advertisement Placeholder
My first that I started myself was a horrible forum. I really did not know how to promote it properly, so it utterly failed and I only got 2 or 3 members. I didn't really know how to start a forum, at all back then.

My first ever forum was intended to be exactly what my current forum is, a Star Wars hangout for me and my friends. (at the time, it was intended to be ONLY for friends) I'm pretty sure it's long deleted now, but it makes me laugh to think back about how crappy and terrible it was. Wish I could remember the URL and name of it.

My first forum was Spam Heaven (the old version of it, hosted on Forumotion).
I was an amateur forum owner at that time so I didn't really know how to run it.

My first forum was a sports forum I made on ProBoards when I was bored one day. I was a co-admin on another sports forum, but for some odd reason, I decided it would be cool to have my own forum. My forum was really pathetic, and the only people who posted were members from the other sports forum. Within a week or two, we all moved back to the other sports forum. It was a pretty bad forum.

My first site was a forum running SMF...it was pretty decent, but I decided to upgrade to MyBB with Icyboards. I eventually closed down that site a few months ago, then I bought hosting so I could host my own MyBB forum, without Icyboards.

My first site was a website. If you are asking between forum and blog then it is forum. My first forum was regarding forex trading, I never promoted it but some how I use to get visitors and they were actively communicating in the forum. One fine day I shut everything down as I was under financial crisis. Now I am back with a forum and working hard for it to succeed in the market.

The first website I made with a TLD was a gaming blog. It went dead fairly quickly, but I still managed to sell it for $30.

My first ever site was a forum dedicated to a specific series of books. Unfortunately, not many people had heard about this book series so not many people joined. Plus, I didn't know much about how to promote it properly at the time so that probably had something to do with it as well.

My first website was a forum, a promotion forum actually, named Promo Guild.

I opened Promo Guild with a friend back in December 2012 and to be honest we did fairly well, we got 1,000 Posts in not a very long time and the activity was decent. Gradually, things started going bad, and I lost the database soon so the forum had reached the end. In the end, we achieved 1,500 Posts and around 50 members.

The forum URL is still around, however; www.promoguild.icyboards.net

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds