Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Your business or job hire people out of high school and college?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Does your job or business hire out of recent high school and college graduates? Or do you usually go with people who have work history to begin with? I figure most would go for college graduates, but if it's menial work, you can probably hire a high schooler to take the job on. What do you think?

Advertisement Placeholder
Hiring employees can't just strictly for the graduate because there some areas of the business that require the services of the unskilled workers. This is done to save cost.

It all depens on what role you are hiring some roles require skills exspierence and degree for example in the coffe shop you can hire workers who just makes coffe so then you can hire peaple out of high school

Does your job or business hire out of recent high school and college graduates? Or do you usually go with people who have work history to begin with? I figure most would go for college graduates, but if it's menial work, you can probably hire a high schooler to take the job on. What do you think?

It is actually a very good thing for you to have someone who have the experience to be able to deliver in your business but that doesn't mean that you cannot hire those who are fresh graduates from the university to also work for you. As long as they have those that can be able to coach them on the job for them to be very good, it's a good option.

When I started my first business, I had plans to hire high school students for marketing purposes such as market study, customer surveys, product promotions, etc. However, I never reached the point where I started recruiting. I never had enough budget to hire staff multiple staff.

In my business of poultry and fish farming, there's no level of students that I cannot be able to hire. I can even hire illiterates who never went to school. The most important thing is for them to be trained on the job. Once they master what they are supposed to do, they can fit in well working for me.

I won't mind hiring someone that came out from school recently as long as I saw the zeal in them to learn more about how the business is being done. Is there a reason not to train them once they show commitment to getting things done? There are times that it is those that have worked for a long time end up messing up the business because they feel they've done a lot already.

It all depens on what role you are hiring some roles require skills exspierence and degree for example in the coffe shop you can hire workers who just makes coffe so then you can hire peaple out of high school

You're very correct with that assessment. The kind of job that you want to hire for is what's going to determine the kind of people you're to get for the job. You won't hire someone with just a high school qualification when you need an expert in tech support. There's no way the high school qualification individual will suit in with the skills needed for the job.

You're very correct with that assessment. The kind of job that you want to hire for is what's going to determine the kind of people you're to get for the job. You won't hire someone with just a high school qualification when you need an expert in tech support. There's no way the high school qualification individual will suit in with the skills needed for the job.

There are many businesses in here that hire people regardless of whether they are graduated or not. In fact, some multi-national companies even hire high school students as well. They may be focusing more on skills a person possesses rather than qualifications.

There are many businesses in here that hire people regardless of whether they are graduated or not. In fact, some multi-national companies even hire high school students as well. They may be focusing more on skills a person possesses rather than qualifications.

Well, the thing is that there are kind of jobs that requires a university graduate with good skills that's going to make it possible for him or her to work on the job. There's no way an undergraduate or an illiterate will be employed to do that kind of job. I believe that something like that is applicable at your side?

We are having a challenge at the office right now with the recruitment process where someone that was hired to assist the HOD is not doing a good work at all and it boils down to their academic level. I assume that someone that has finished high school can do a much better work at that role.

We are having a challenge at the office right now with the recruitment process where someone that was hired to assist the HOD is not doing a good work at all and it boils down to their academic level. I assume that someone that has finished high school can do a much better work at that role.

This is actually one of the reason it is very important for you to evaluate anyone that you want to hire before hiring them. This is to make sure that they possess the skills that is required for them to carry out their duties effectively, otherwise you're going to be hiring someone who is going to be a liability to your business.

Well, the thing is that there are kind of jobs that requires a university graduate with good skills that's going to make it possible for him or her to work on the job. There's no way an undergraduate or an illiterate will be employed to do that kind of job. I believe that something like that is applicable at your side?

I have seen businesses hiring people who are still in high school and I think that this is due to the fact that their parents may think that their children could start supporting them at a young age. They create a system and they think that this will train their children.

I have seen businesses hiring people who are still in high school and I think that this is due to the fact that their parents may think that their children could start supporting them at a young age. They create a system and they think that this will train their children.

The most important thing is for you to make sure that before you employ anyone to work in your business, that their age is something that is backed by the law for you to employ them. This is so that you don't put your business in the position where we are going to face a serious backlash from the State should they find out you're hiring someone that is under aged.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds