Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Xon's ES search essentials - worth the money?

Website
astrowhat.com
Credits
Title says it all... if you are using XF and ElasticSearch, is Xon's Search Essentials worth the $30 on the front end and $20 renewals...
If you use it, what exactly does it bring to the table beyond what the default XF ES add-on does?
I honestly see very little that it brings to the table, other than search bar auto-complete... I don't use tags.. to me, they are as useless as teats on a boar hog.
I realize that Xon makes some fantastic add-ons... but I (personally) don't see anything fantastic that this brings to the table.

Advertisement Placeholder
I’ve seen this addon, but haven’t really see it in work and doubt it will be a big improvement. Nonetheless, if anyone says differently, feel free to change my mind. 😎
I have honestly not seen anything that "pushes" it as an upgrade. My site currently has no issues with local 2 and 3 letter searches using ES and the XF add-on... which was a very important aspect for me. The default mySQL search sucks salty balls when it comes to 2 and 3 letter searches, even if you change the setting in mySQL.
It was worth the $55 for the XF add-on for me... but I honestly do not see any great extension this add-on adds for the price. I'm not really concerned with "auto-fill" on search or tags (which are not enabled on my site)... I figure most of my users will know the terms they search for. The biggest issue was many of those terms are 2-3 letters in length for certain items (M1, M81, M51).
I don't mind spending the money (hell, it's a hobby and all hobbies cost money) if it furthers functionality.. but I have yet to see what "great" extension this add-on makes.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds