Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Would you please review my site?

Please rate www.workathomeresource.info

• Wonderful

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good

• Terrible

• Total voters
Advertisement Placeholder
A Few quickies:
  • The first thing I notice is the ads, imho don't put any ads yet or reduce the number of ads. I mean once you are off the ground, you can have ads. For a start up forum, no ads policy is the better.
  • Then about the title: You need to put your website name or atleast the short version of it on the website title. For now it simply shows Home page, which is not good in terms of SEO. Change it to include the website name along with a few main keywords.
  • Reducing the font size for the description will be a good idea.
  • Clicking on the "FREE AD FORUM" on your home page takes me to another welcome page, which is not good. Take visitors directly to your forums once they clicked on that!
  • Forum software: If you're looking for a free software, I guess mybb/phpbb/smf will do a better job!
  • I like the forum theme to be frank. But the font selection or the forum size, something is messing it up.
  • Now for the blog, I guess you better buy a domain or make it as a subdomain. Just like you did for the forums.
  • And if I were you, I will make it a wordpress blog, its far more efficient compared to blogspot!
One of us will write a detailed review asap.
PS: The first thing you should do is take care of the ads and the font size.

You're welcome!
Wow, thats a lot of work with iphone! o_O
And btw don't worry, we will help you by all means to take your website to a whole new level! :)

Ok
A Few quickies:
  • The first thing I notice is the ads, imho don't put any ads yet or reduce the number of ads. I mean once you are off the ground, you can have ads. For a start up forum, no ads policy is the better.
  • Then about the title: You need to put your website name or atleast the short version of it on the website title. For now it simply shows Home page, which is not good in terms of SEO. Change it to include the website name along with a few main keywords.
  • Reducing the font size for the description will be a good idea.
  • Clicking on the "FREE AD FORUM" on your home page takes me to another welcome page, which is not good. Take visitors directly to your forums once they clicked on that!
  • Forum software: If you're looking for a free software, I guess mybb/phpbb/smf will do a better job!
  • I like the forum theme to be frank. But the font selection or the forum size, something is messing it up.
  • Now for the blog, I guess you better buy a domain or make it as a subdomain. Just like you did for the forums.
  • And if I were you, I will make it a wordpress blog, its far more efficient compared to blogspot!
One of us will write a detailed review asap.
PS: The first thing you should do is take care of the ads and the font size.
Ok. I've done some MAJOR changes. I also got rid if that tacky resource page. Mind you, I've done ALL of these changes with my iPhone, and it took a lifetime to do it. About the font size, I just must use a pc for this. I'll do it whenever I get to the library. Improved much? Thanks for helping me.

Now it looks better with all those ads gone. :)
But imo you better remove that donate box as well as the google custom search too. The reasons being:
  • People come to your website. They are going to realize that its a new website. A donate button will not help you win the visitors mind. but its completely your opinion though!
  • Google search will show the resources from the whole internet I guess. If so, people will search something and they will be gone as they will get what they need but not from your website. So make it a site search box!
Now a few personal opinions:
  • I guess a description or an article about your website will be a good idea for the home page.
  • Add both the forum & blog links to your navigation bar. Make it open in the same window. I never liked when a website opens a new window if its the same one.

Sorry but it looks like big load of crap, design of the website isnt attractive at all.

Plain and simply: Yes, change of theme would do good.
Although your original comment hurt my little bitty feelings somewhat, I came to the realization that you were right. My theme was ugly. I have since changed it to something that exactly suits it, and it looks 1000 times better. Thank you! I still haven't gotten to a real computer yet to change other minor glitches. I can do some with my iPhone, but it takes years off of my life.

It's looking way better than how it was yesterday (no offense intended), but it would look even better if you managed to get yourself a site logo. If not a logo, maybe just make the site title look... I don't know... prettier or more professional?

It's looking way better than how it was yesterday (no offense intended), but it would look even better if you managed to get yourself a site logo. If not a logo, maybe just make the site title look... I don't know... prettier or more professional?
Well, that is the one thing that I cannot do with my iPhone. I know it's pretty plain. No offense taken. I'm going to need someone to create one for me. I could do it if I has a pc, graphics software, etc

I have to say the changes you have made to this site make it look fantastic! That really does show you how much community feedback can help a webmaster! :)

It looks nice overall, just that the menu at the top seems to be all over the place to me. You could probably reduce the text size on that for some of them.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds