Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Would you ever work on Black Friday?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Do you think you could ever work a Black Friday? For those wondering, Black Friday is a day in November, usually the day after Thanksgiving in the US, where you can go to many stores who will be having a sometimes day long or night long sale, where pretty much everything is extremely discounted or on sale.

During these Black Friday events, it can be a crowded affair. People have literally died being trampled because people had to get into the store to get their deals in. Could you ever see yourself working a retail job on Black Friday?

Advertisement Placeholder
I've worked in a Black Friday sales once. I was nearly stressed to death. This was when I worked as a supervisor in a shopping mall. I've never seen anything like it. I used to witness it online but I had it lived through in that day.
I hear it is a pain to deal with black Friday shopping. I would never want to do it, nor would I ever want to put someone else through that. I think these sales should exclusively move to online only, because I think that's the move they will eventually make anyway. Going to the store late at night, the day after Thanksgiving is not usually fun. So if you can buy most of the stuff in store on their website, then that's the route I would always take.

But yeah, I would never work black Friday.

I hear it is a pain to deal with black Friday shopping. I would never want to do it, nor would I ever want to put someone else through that. I think these sales should exclusively move to online only, because I think that's the move they will eventually make anyway. Going to the store late at night, the day after Thanksgiving is not usually fun. So if you can buy most of the stuff in store on their website, then that's the route I would always take.

But yeah, I would never work black Friday.
Even when Black Friday sales are carried out both online and offline in the stores, it doesn't make it easy for those buying online. The traffic and orders to be processed are too many for all the staffs hired. We used to hire extra adhoc staffs to cover up.

Personally I wouldn't really mind working during Black Friday sales even though I know it's something that is always very stressful because there are going to be a lot of customers to be attended to. As long long is my payment is something that will improve during that very day, I would not mind taking part in such opportunity to make more money.

When I was in a job, I never went to work on the weekends and holidays, I even refused to attend meetings if they were scheduled on weekends. I would never work on the weekend and holidays unless I was paid an additional amount. Black Friday is not a big event here, in fact, there is no such thing as Black Friday in my place, it is just like normal weekdays.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds