Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Would you create a site on a subdomain or on a directory?

Kane

Captain Junkie
Credits
If you want to create a second site on your main site would you create it on a subdomain or on a directory? When I started to build websites, I read that search engines treat subdomain sites independently therefore, you have a better chance of traffic. Thus I started creating sites on subdomains. Later, I read that subdomain sites are never treated independently, so you might not get better online visibility, which made me create sites on a directory. How do you build a secondary site, on a subdomain or directory?

Advertisement Placeholder
I have in the past created sites on subdomains before I was able to purchase a domain for my website.

Chat Addicts was one that I started off as a subdomain before I was able to purchase a domain. Since rebranding and changing the forum up, I do need to get a new URL for the site but for the moment, I use the domain name that I bought and we still have the subdomain available and working as a redirect as well :)

Well, I was mainly referring to the subdomain on your site, for example, MySecondSite.MySIte.com and not the subdomain such as WordPress, blogspot, wix, weebly, etc. If you host your website, you also get a feature from your host where you can created additional site with your hosted domain. Have you created a subdomain site on your own self-hosted site?

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds